Windows 10: HDD trim feature not working as expected

Discus and support HDD trim feature not working as expected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a reason Storage Optimiser needs to trim my Western Digital Red 12tb HDD and errors about it to event viewer? Event id 264 in any case. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/denny76, Jun 8, 2021.

1. HDD trim feature not working as expected

Is there a reason Storage Optimiser needs to trim my Western Digital Red 12tb HDD and errors about it to event viewer? Event id 264 in any case. That one is new to me.

submitted by /u/denny76
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/denny76, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 8, 2021
  3. collieman Win User
    TRIM not working

OldNavyGuy, I'm familiar with the problem with 2004 and TRIM where it keeps saying the drive need optimized right after running it. I ran %windir%\system32\dfrgui.exe as you suggested but it didn't work. I checked "event viewer" to see if it ran and it didn't. My laptop runs TRIM just fine 'cept for the "needs optimizing" showing constantly.

collieman, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

HDD trim feature not working as expected

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

HDD trim feature not working as expected

1. HDD trim feature not working as expected - Similar Threads - HDD trim feature

2. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  3. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  4. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  5. Backup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup not working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  6. Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature.: I've collected lots of clips to then trim down to a specific part to then throw into a editing software and make a compilation. They're all 2 minute clips captured with MEDAL for me to then Trim the part I need. I've done it before and the 'trim' feature showed on the...
  7. Workgroup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workgroup not working as expected: Hi all I am having trouble getting my workgroup to work properly between my pc (ethernet) and laptop (wifi). My PC can see the shared folders from the laptop, but the laptop cannot see the shared folders from the PC. I note that under the network folder my laptop can see...
  8. TRIM not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TRIM not working: When I try to run TRIM (the old defrag) on my SSD in system properties or in command prompt it won't run. TRIM is enabled with a 0 in command prompt. I'm using AHCI. What can I check? I'm using win10 2004. Thanks guys. 161913
  9. SSD with a HDD installed not being trimmed automatically, why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD with a HDD installed not being trimmed automatically, why?: I apologize if this thread appears a bit odd. I reconstructed this after deciding I shouldn't continue in another thread that is somewhat unrelated. That thread was located here; Disk Optimization Turns Off... Recently, I've noticed that my SSD is not getting trimmed on the...
  10. Trimming an External HDD? Maybe a W10 Pro bug?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trimming an External HDD? Maybe a W10 Pro bug?: Hey folks - Think I found something... Look... [img] What's going on here? Windows 10 Pro, Build 1803. *Confused 113183