Windows 10: HDD Upgrade

Discus and support HDD Upgrade in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I would like to upgrade my HDD to SSD- Do I want to clone my old drive to the SSD or Image it to the SSD before installing? 170326 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by slawko, Dec 12, 2020.

1. slawko Win User

HDD Upgrade

I would like to upgrade my HDD to SSD- Do I want to clone my old drive to the SSD or Image it to the SSD before installing?

:)

slawko, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 12, 2020
  4. HDD Upgrade

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

HDD Upgrade

1. HDD Upgrade - Similar Threads - HDD Upgrade

2. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  3. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  4. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue: Hi , I recently upgraded my hard drive from a HDD to a SSD on starting up my pc I was faced with a no Boot bootable device found issue , I tried all the steps in the Dell website , the last step being to reinstall Windows, I placed my usb in a nd started reinstalling windows...
  6. HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue

HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue: Hi , I recently upgraded my hard drive from a HDD to a SSD on starting up my pc I was faced with a no Boot bootable device found issue , I tried all the steps in the Dell website , the last step being to reinstall Windows, I placed my usb in a nd started reinstalling windows...
  7. HDD to SSD upgrade no bootable device found issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...: Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-hdd-to-a-ssd-but-technician-crashed-my/2eb695e0-47cb-4d22-9970-30e2ed318260
  9. I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...

I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...: Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-hdd-to-a-ssd-but-technician-crashed-my/2eb695e0-47cb-4d22-9970-30e2ed318260
  10. Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?

Can I reuse my OEM_DM license key if I upgrade from HDD to SSD in my laptop ?: I just upgraded from HDD to SSD and when I use my laptop it says windows is not activated, can i somehow use the windows key I had before the upgrade ?...