Windows 10: HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?

Discus and support HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,First time user, so please bear with me! I've never had this happen on any laptop or desktop before, hence my uncertainty with this question.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlackSheep72, Jun 24, 2022.

1. HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?

Hello,First time user, so please bear with me! I've never had this happen on any laptop or desktop before, hence my uncertainty with this question.I have an Asus F553M laptop, on which the HDD has just died. According to OEM labels and stickers moved by myself from the top of it where I hate seeing them to the underneath of it, it appears to be have been shipped with either Win8 or Win8.1 pre-installed, but I've never been privy to this, so I guess it was upgraded to Win10 at a later date, but before being given to me.The question is how do I get Win10 back on there? Do I download and ins

:)

BlackSheep72, Jun 24, 2022
  2. ZoulJay Win User

Upgrade from win8 to win10

I have already upgrade from win8 to win10 before 29 July 2016. After that my HDD is broken, I have to install windows on my new SSD. I use same key which I use to upgrade from win8 to win10 to install win8 (Niow it's 8.1). Today, I want to upgrade win10
    and I have some question.

1. Is there a upgrade directly from win8.1 to win10 ??

2. Can I use my win8 key to install win10 using windows10 installation media (with clean installation).

Thanks

ZoulJay, Jun 24, 2022
  3. JayTeeHam Win User
    Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

JayTeeHam, Jun 24, 2022
  4. HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?

Swap HDD between PCs with Win10

Hi,

I just bought a ASUG G20 gaming PC that comes with a 1TB HDD and a OEM Win10 installed with a digital key. I have a custom built Win10 PC with a 500GB SSD and a Win10 digital license (from a Win8 upgrade) linked to my account.

Can I from a Win10 license point-of-view simply swap the HDD over and expect the licenses to function correctly?

My worry is that the OEM license will not work on my custom built PC and that I cannot swap the licenses "around" - any suggestions on how this functions?

Regards

Jeppe

Jeppe Funk, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?

1. HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please? - Similar Threads - HDD Win8 upgraded

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?: Hello,First time user, so please bear with me! I've never had this happen on any laptop or desktop before, hence my uncertainty with this question.I have an Asus F553M laptop, on which the HDD has just died. According to OEM labels and stickers moved by myself from the top of...
  5. HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD with Win8 upgraded Win10 is dead. How to reinstall, please?: Hello,First time user, so please bear with me! I've never had this happen on any laptop or desktop before, hence my uncertainty with this question.I have an Asus F553M laptop, on which the HDD has just died. According to OEM labels and stickers moved by myself from the top of...
  6. How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore a Win10 laptop which is upgraded from Win8: Hi,I have a ASUS ROG laptop which is old but still working.It had Windows 8 as initial OS, then I upgraded it to Windows 10 with Microsoft free upgrade promotion.Yesterday I want to reset it. And it took whole night and stuck somewhere.Now I try to reinstall a windows 10.But...
  7. External HDD time/date stamp is wrong in Win10, correct in Win8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD time/date stamp is wrong in Win10, correct in Win8: I've been running into an unusual problem. I have an external hard drive that I use to store my photos. When I copy them to the disk, the time gets offset by -7 hours. So for example an image file created at 11am will show 4am on the external hard drive. However, when I check...
  8. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  9. Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions

Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions: Hi, I'm currently having a weird activation problem with Windows 10, and I was considering reverting to Windows 8 and start the process again to see if that would fix things. I tried to use the 'revert to previous build' but it said it couldn't locate the required files or...
  10. Retail Win8 upgraded to Win10: Use the license on a new machine in the

Retail Win8 upgraded to Win10: Use the license on a new machine in the: I'm wondering how to use my migrated Win8 Retail license on my next machine. It will be a few years from now and well past the free upgrade offer. I've used Showkey and I'm not sure if what it returns will be usable. If memory serves me (don't trust it myself) I think it's...