Windows 10: HDDs icons with big red X

Discus and support HDDs icons with big red X in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my HDDs icons, except for the one with the system, have changed to this: [img] I searched and found that it could be related to OneDrive or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paultx, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Paultx Win User

HDDs icons with big red X

All of my HDDs icons, except for the one with the system, have changed to this:

HDDs icons with big red X [​IMG]

I searched and found that it could be related to OneDrive or Dropbox, but I never installed the latter, so my guess is the culprit might be the former.

Here in the forum I found a thread about the OneDrive case, and there the X in the icon is inside a small red circle, while in my case it's only the red X, which reminds me of network connection problems back in Windows 7 times.

However, since I only noticed it yesterday, I have to tell you that last week I installed two programs that have something to do with icons and HDDs: Stardock IconPackager 4 and Hard Disk Sentinel Standard 5.61.

When I saw the icons issue I uninstalled both, but TNA. Although Hard Disk Sentinel reported that the D: and E: drives have problems and the F: drive is OK, the latter also shows that red X.

And when browsing the Start menu I found that the Edge icon is now different:

Any ideas what is that issue and how to fix it? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.844

:)

Paultx, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 3, 2021
  3. UMM
    umm Win User
    My windows 10 apps shows Big red X

I have been getting this for the last month and I have searched the net but didn't find a fix.
    this is my problem I lost all the correct icons to windows app form the store that comes with windows and I keep getting other icons instead or sometimes they are just seethrough.

I have tried to reset the apps but no luck there.

4. HDDs icons with big red X

Red X on the Network icon

There is a red x on the Network icon. My internet is connected but the red x is always there and annoying.

I was able to resolve this by following the steps below

Suggestions:

Method 1:

Right Click on Computer -> Manage

Under the System Tools section, double click on Local Users and Groups

Click Groups -> Right Click on Administrators -> Add to group -> Add -> Advanced -> Find now -> Double Click on Local Service -> Click Ok

Close all the windows, reboot the computer and check the status

Method 2:

Click Start -> Type CMD -> Right click on CMD -> Run as administrator
    Type net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service and press Enter
    Click OK when it says The Command Completed Successfully
    Reboot the computer and check the status

JosephSDavid, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

HDDs icons with big red X

1. HDDs icons with big red X - Similar Threads - HDDs icons big

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  7. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  8. Red x icon meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x icon meaning: Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b
  9. Red "X" on the sound icon.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...
  10. Red x on network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red x on network icon: This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x...