Windows 10: HDDs

Discus and support HDDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; dose windows 10 changes the HDD from MBR to GBT or vise versa automatically, if so is it wipe it out or the data still there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by asadattily, Sep 5, 2020.

1. HDDs

dose windows 10 changes the HDD from MBR to GBT or vise versa automatically, if so is it wipe it out or the data still there?

:)

asadattily, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 5, 2020
  4. HDDs

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

HDDs

1. HDDs - Similar Threads - HDDs

2. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows wakes up HDDs without reason: Hello, I am using a normal Computer Lenovo V530s with Windows 10 as a server in my home network. The power plan is set to power off unused HDD's after short time for power saving.They really should only spin up if someone uses something from them. However Windows does spin up...
  3. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wakes up HDDs without reason: Hello, I am using a normal Computer Lenovo V530s with Windows 10 as a server in my home network. The power plan is set to power off unused HDD's after short time for power saving.They really should only spin up if someone uses something from them. However Windows does spin up...
  4. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What could be going on with these "external" HDDs and how can I access them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be going on with these "external" HDDs and how can I access them?: HiI have the following HDD drives see screenshots:HDD 1 HGST used to be the drive in an old Samsung notebook that I no longer have, but has personal files I had before on 4 partitions. With the adapter shown, I have used it to connect it to a different notebooks over time and...
  6. What could be going on with these "external" HDDs and how can I access them?

What could be going on with these "external" HDDs and how can I access them?: HiI have the following HDD drives see screenshots:HDD 1 HGST used to be the drive in an old Samsung notebook that I no longer have, but has personal files I had before on 4 partitions. With the adapter shown, I have used it to connect it to a different notebooks over time and...
  7. I have a Windows PC with 2 HDDs partitioned as one.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a Windows PC with 2 HDDs partitioned as one.: They are only data drives no OS.They are connected with SATA connectors. I now want to to migrate to another PC also with Windows 10. The new PC only has USB access. How do I do this?...
  8. I have a Windows PC with 2 HDDs partitioned as one.

I have a Windows PC with 2 HDDs partitioned as one.: They are only data drives no OS.They are connected with SATA connectors. I now want to to migrate to another PC also with Windows 10. The new PC only has USB access. How do I do this?...
  9. I have a Windows PC with 2 HDDs partitioned as one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices: I recently had a corrupted windows and had thought that because it was corrupted it was about time to get a new Hard Drive anyways. So I bought a 3tb Seagate HDD and reinstalled windows to it, first boot went great but when i turned the pc off fully and plugged in my other...