Windows 10: HDMI 2nd Display

Discus and support HDMI 2nd Display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason my 2nd display, HDMI, isn't connecting. The computer can't detect it. What next?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PHFCCPleasant Hill, Feb 15, 2020.

1. HDMI 2nd Display

For some reason my 2nd display, HDMI, isn't connecting. The computer can't detect it.

What next?

:)

PHFCCPleasant Hill, Feb 15, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

2nd display not detected

Hi Michael

When you clean installed Windows 10, did you then install a full set of device drivers from the support page for your laptop on the manufacturers website?

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand out the Display Adapters section

What is the video card listed there?

Are you connecting to that 2nd display via a HDMI cable?

DaveM121, Feb 15, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

HDMI 2nd Display

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

HDMI 2nd Display

1. HDMI 2nd Display - Similar Threads - HDMI 2nd Display

2. 2nd Display issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Display issue: I am trying to connect HDMI 2nd display with my laptop but it is only working with 800*600 resolution with a 56 refresh rate. Other resolutions are not working. Drivers, OS Reset, tried but didn't work....
  3. 2nd Display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Display issue: I am trying to connect HDMI 2nd display with my laptop but it is only working with 800*600 resolution with a 56 refresh rate. Other resolutions are not working. Drivers, OS Reset, tried but didn't work....
  4. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  5. HDMI display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI display: I have plugged the HDMI cable into my ASUSVivoBook with windows 10 and my tv. When I turn my TV on the computer is not displayed on the screen. * I have checked that the TV is displaying the same HDMI port that the computer is plugged into. I have tried different...
  6. HDMI Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Display: Hello, I have poor eye sight and need a TV monitor to see the computer screen. I have a Dell OptiPlex windows 10 and when I first got it had trouble getting it to display on the HDMI screen. I spoke with the Dell service rep at the time who helped me connect to the TV. But...
  7. Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable: I'm hoping there's a way to send a video from a Chrome tab to the tv using an HDMI cable while I'm doing other stuff on the computer monitor. Is this even possible? At the moment, everything on the computer is mirrored on the tv. 141943
  8. Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable: I'm hoping there's a way to send a video from a Chrome tab to the tv using an HDMI cable while I'm doing other stuff on the computer monitor. Is this even possible? At the moment, everything on the computer is mirrored on the tv. 141943
  9. 2nd display not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd display not detected: I did a clean re-install of Windows 10 from a .iso file yesterday. Now my laptop does not detect my second display. Any suggestions for a fix please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-not-detected/29c7846f-2436-46e3-b606-2196acc68705
  10. not recognizing 2nd display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    not recognizing 2nd display: hello everyone. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series running Windows 10. I just acquired a used Lenovo thinkvision LT2252p 22 inch monitor from a buddy of mine. I just bought a new HDMI/display port cable from amazon. The 2nd display is not getting recognized. It is...