Windows 10: HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival

Discus and support HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem. I bought a 5.1 channel HDMI-to-RCA converter so I could decode HDMI and plug the channels (RCA jacks) into 3 stereo amplifiers I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 20, 2019.

1. HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival

I have a problem. I bought a 5.1 channel HDMI-to-RCA converter so I could decode HDMI and plug the channels (RCA jacks) into 3 stereo amplifiers I have kicking around. I seek joy but have not found it.

Driver auto-installed when unit plugged in for the 1st time (USB that I thought was just for power): LC-42LB261U (Intel(R) Display Audio).

Configuration: [Control Panel], [Sound] dialog, 'LC-42LB261U', [_Configure_] button, [Speaker Setup] dialog, choose '5.1Surround'.

Works: 'L', 'R', 'HDMI OUT' (to the TV).

Broken: 'C', 'SL', 'SR', 'LFE'.

Question: Is there any other settings I need to make, or is the unit defective?

Note: 'mpv --ao-help' reports 'wasapi' & 'null' & 'pcm' drivers found.

Note: The converter expects 5.1 PCM audio stream.

Note: I have tried reinstalling audio & video drivers several times.

Tested via MPV (playing a movie) & PowerDVD (playing a movie).

Warm Regards,

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 20, 2019

2. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    HDMI audio

If the Digital Output Device or HDMI is not an option under the Playback tab. You can run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search or Cortana.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Aug 20, 2019
  4. HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival

HDMI Audio in NOT working

Hi Dustin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival

1. HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival - Similar Threads - HDMI audio dead

2. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  3. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  4. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.: I don't know if this is the right sub for this question, so please direct me to the right place if it's not. I bought an internal 6 TB IronWolf HDD for my family's Windows 10 computer. I ordered it from Newegg with fast processing and 2-day shipping. It arrived today and I...
  6. 1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?: Hi, bit of a weird question: I need to output only the subWoofer channel using an audio card (audigy FX) connected to an external amplifier, and the rest of the channels FRONT/RIGHT over HDMI (TV Speaker). Is it doable? Thanks. submitted by /u/sim0ne82 [link] [comments]...
  7. Audio dead

Audio dead: someone pls help me and pls stick to it ive been replying to people on my question but they never respond . so yea so i had update problem which i solved with windows update assistant . after this update when ever i start my laptop when i play a audio file i cant hear...
  8. Audio Dead

Audio Dead: so i have a laptop - hp pavilion 15-cc129tx i updated to win version 1809 but hp does not give audio driver for 1809 version i started my laptop 20 minz ago . i opened a different user there audio was working fine . i shutdown-ed and started and loged into another user to...
  9. HDMI and audio

HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  10. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...