Windows 10: HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?

Discus and support HDMI adapters---- lack of small females? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have not had much success in finding an HDMI adapter / connector to connect my phone which has USB C, to a cable which has a mini HDMI plug (or is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by clayto, Aug 22, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?

I have not had much success in finding an HDMI adapter / connector to connect my phone which has USB C, to a cable which has a mini HDMI plug (or is it micro, how can I tell?). I come across any number of mini males, but not mini females, only large ones ------- which seem a strange gender imbalance. At the other end the USB connection is easier as I have ways of connecting USB C to Standard size, and OTG if necessary (is it?). I have searched Ebay and others with little success. Links to where I can find what I need would be appreciated.

:)

clayto, Aug 22, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Issue with HDMI adapter of N8 (Please help)

If you've opened the small HDMI cover on the end of the phone, and the supplied cable fits in the port, then you are using the correct cable, if the cable from your TV will not fit in the Normal sizws female end of the HDMI adaptor, then one of them os faulty
    or damaged, as a stendard |HDMI cable fits easily enouch into the cable provided in the box by Nokia !

carman58---01, Aug 22, 2019
  4. HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?

Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?

1. HDMI adapters---- lack of small females? - Similar Threads - HDMI adapters lack

2. Device Type is Incorrect (On USB to HDMI Adapter)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Type is Incorrect (On USB to HDMI Adapter): I recently bought a USB to HDMI adapter due to my laptop lacking HDMI ports, it was fairly cheap so this may contribute, but when I plug it in, windows detects it as a USB Video Device or webcam. There's nothing on the monitor either. Is there any way to change the type of...
  3. HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?: I have not had much success in finding an HDMI adapter / connector to connect my phone which has USB C, to a cable which has a mini HDMI plug (or is it micro, how can I tell?). I come across any number of mini males, but not mini females, only large ones ------- which seem a...
  4. HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5 adapter

HDMI to VGA + audio jack 3,5 adapter: The audio jack is plug into the motherboard? Please advise and reply. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-vga-audio-jack-35-adapter/02da186c-8be9-4fc8-814d-1e63e9e7e0f8
  5. Fresco Logic FL2000 USB3.0 to HDMI adapter problem

Fresco Logic FL2000 USB3.0 to HDMI adapter problem: Hello there! I use a Fresco Logic FL2000 USB3.0 to HDMI adapter. It worked good on my previous monitor. Now i bought a new monitor, and there is a problem with it. When I attach the monitor to the computer via the adapter, the computer is able to recognise the monitor...
  6. Multiple Display through HDMI adapter, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Display through HDMI adapter, Windows 10: Hello there, I really hope someone can help me with this, because its frustrating and I am getting disappointed at every turn... I have a Lenovo Yoga Thinkpad, and the video output is the Mini-HDMI. I have an adapter that makes it possible to use a regular HDMI cable to...
  7. Lack of sound !

Lack of sound !: I no longer have any sound . I unplugged the speakers once when the computer was on and have tried to plug them back in but there appears to be no response . It even says that a device has been unplugged even when one is there .Please help !...
  8. Origin (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin (or lack of): My son introduced me to Mass Effect, which I was playing via Origin. Then the password would not work, so my son changed it. I got back in and got as far as the financial District in the Citadel, then the password stopped working. I had tried offline several times it did not...
  9. Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter: Getting a new PC next week, which has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3gb). Want to use the NVIDIA's Displayports on a dual monitor setup (HDMI inputs only). 1. Displayport to HDMI cable or adapter or does it matter ? 2. Any gotacha's I should look out for when buying ? 104342
  10. small factor nvidia GT 610 1GB express HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    small factor nvidia GT 610 1GB express HDMI: Hi there Installed this to a PROLIANT Gen 8 HP microserver - I removed the RGB connector (just unplug from the card) , and used the DVI and HDMI connectors on the small form connector -- just unscrew the standard size bracket and screw the (supplied) small form factor one....