Windows 10: Hdmi and DP not playing well together

Discus and support Hdmi and DP not playing well together in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an intel i7 in a fan-less box. It has an hdmi output and a dp. I want to use the dp for a monitor and send audio through the hdmi to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Acousticmood, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Hdmi and DP not playing well together

I have an intel i7 in a fan-less box. It has an hdmi output and a dp. I want to use the dp for a monitor and send audio through the hdmi to my receiver.

In order to get the dp to work on my monitor I had to use another monitor through the hdmi. Then it defaults to “extended displays” and I can use the dp monitor. However when I remove the hdmi and plug in my receiver to the hdmi- the dp monitor thinks that a second monitor is connected. I can’t then open any windows on the dp monitor...

Hdmi and DP not playing well together

Acousticmood, Jan 12, 2019
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

HDMI to Mini-DP or DP

Well I am trying to figure out how to run my PC and PS3 with the same Monitor. I was to retain my videocard sending out audio to my monitor as I use that for Skype, TS, and Vent. I have had that running through the HDMI. But now I have picked up NHL 12 and want to actually use my PS3 again, and unplugging my HDMI to run it to the PS3 causes issues scaling when I plug it back into the PC, not a terribly hard fix, but would rather get some use out of my monitors PIP and such.

I could just use HDMI to DVI for my PS3, but thats the fall back, just trying to figure out how to get the DP to work.

So far this is what I have tried.
    PS3 -> HDMI -> HDMI to DP adapter -> DP Port (didn't work)
    PC -> HDMI -> HDMI to DP adpater -> DP Port (didn't work)
    PC -> Mini-DP -> Mini-DP to HDMI adpater -> HDMI (worked)
    PC -> Mini-DP ->Mini-DP to DP adapter -> HDMI (didn't work)

Any tips on figuring out this Display port, like I said I got a fallback, I will be using my 5.1 for the PS3, but the PC I need to retain use of the 5.1 and the Monitor sound.

1Kurgan1, Jan 12, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Hdmi and DP not playing well together

Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Hdmi and DP not playing well together

1. Hdmi and DP not playing well together - Similar Threads - Hdmi playing together

2. Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together: I just installed Windows 11 and am now having problems getting my Epson XP-15000 wide-format printer to print 12x12 custom size correctly. The MS Word document size is set to 12x12, as are the print parameters. Everything looks as it should but when I go to print, the preview...
  3. Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson XP-15000 and Windows 11 not playing well together: I just installed Windows 11 and am now having problems getting my Epson XP-15000 wide-format printer to print 12x12 custom size correctly. The MS Word document size is set to 12x12, as are the print parameters. Everything looks as it should but when I go to print, the preview...
  4. My DP and HDMI wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My DP and HDMI wont work: I know my power cable is working because my monitor turns on but my DP and HDMI wont work, i got punished and they unplugged those cables to turn the monitor off but when i got the cables back, i plug them in turn my monitor on and it says no signal from device and i dont...
  5. My DP and HDMI wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DP and HDMI wont work: I know my power cable is working because my monitor turns on but my DP and HDMI wont work, i got punished and they unplugged those cables to turn the monitor off but when i got the cables back, i plug them in turn my monitor on and it says no signal from device and i dont...
  6. My DP and HDMI wont work

7. Display Port is connected as well as hdmi , but dp one shows very low resolution 1024 and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Port is connected as well as hdmi , but dp one shows very low resolution 1024 and...: I have a new pc build with rtx 4080, i7 13 Gen, 32 gb of ram. My problem started after i changed my in-game compatibility of Valhalla for it to run on Win 10 i have win 11…then all of a sudden game crashed, and my whole screen resolution went from 2k resolution to 1024x768....
  8. Display Port is connected as well as hdmi , but dp one shows very low resolution 1024 and...

Display Port is connected as well as hdmi , but dp one shows very low resolution 1024 and...: I have a new pc build with rtx 4080, i7 13 Gen, 32 gb of ram. My problem started after i changed my in-game compatibility of Valhalla for it to run on Win 10 i have win 11…then all of a sudden game crashed, and my whole screen resolution went from 2k resolution to 1024x768....
  9. DP/HDMI Display Signal Randomly is Lost

DP/HDMI Display Signal Randomly is Lost: I have spent days trying to troubleshoot this issue and am at my wits end with it. I have tried EVERYTHING i can find. Here is a quick list:Reset Bios to optimized settingsreinstalled windows fully over 10+ times with a usb drive, online/offline bothSystem Restore...
  10. Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 with 1 VGA and 1 HDMI outputs. I have 2 Dell E2216H monitors with 1 VGA and 1 DP outputs on each monitor. The first monitor hooked up via VGA works fine. I bought a cable with HDMI on 1 end and DP on the other. But the 2nd monitor will not...