Windows 10: HDMI and DVI

Discus and support HDMI and DVI in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; On PC monitors is the image better on a "HDMI" then a "DVI" connection? 44960 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by seek, Mar 22, 2016.

1. seek Win User

HDMI and DVI

On PC monitors is the image better on a "HDMI" then a "DVI" connection?

:)

2. Continuum display dock work with a DVI monitor?

Yes, should be no different using HDMI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI with either a converter or an HDMI to DVI cable. DVI does of course not support audio (normally), so you will loose that, if the monitor supports audio over HDMI.

Sven Johannsen, Mar 22, 2016
  3. If I unplug the HDMI cord from my secondary monitor (which is nonetheless numbered "1"), my primary monitor, which is DVI (nonetheless numbered "2"), immediately cuts out!

This is a problem because I have to lend out my HDMI monitor. However, without the HDMI plugged in, my computer will not display at all to my DVI monitor. I can enter the BIOS, but as soon as Windows boots, the DVI cuts out. However, if I connect a monitor
    to my HDMI port, the display immediately pops back up to my DVI monitor (even without a power cable attached to the HDMI monitor)! It doesn't matter whether I have the display extended or duplicated, if I unplug the HDMI, the DVI will not display-not even
    after a hard reset with only DVI plugged in. Additionally, if from the display options I select, "show only on 2" (my primary DVI monitor), the display cuts out just like I had unplugged the HDMI. Help! (Radeon 7800 graphics card, Windows 10)

BullofBashan, Mar 22, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

HDMI and DVI

Not that the eye can tell both are the same quality and resolution , some differences are HDMI can also carry audio DVI can not and DVI cables don’t all support HDCP copy protection as a standard. This is a system that prevents HD content such as BluRay videos from being played on unauthorised devices.

HDCP stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection, a copy protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of intercepting digital data midstream between the source to the display.

jds63, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

HDMI and DVI

1. HDMI and DVI - Similar Threads - HDMI DVI

2. Pc randomly disconnects dvi/hdmi & kernel power 41 error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc randomly disconnects dvi/hdmi & kernel power 41 error.: I previously uploaded this on reddit but got no response, so I'm trying my luck here. I apologize for the repost!Parts list:AMD Ryzen 5 3600, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, B450 Steel Legend ASRock.My pc will startup, and randomly disconnects both monitors, and during that...
  3. Pc randomly disconnects dvi/hdmi & kernel power 41 error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly disconnects dvi/hdmi & kernel power 41 error.: I previously uploaded this on reddit but got no response, so I'm trying my luck here. I apologize for the repost!Parts list:AMD Ryzen 5 3600, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, B450 Steel Legend ASRock.My pc will startup, and randomly disconnects both monitors, and during that...
  4. Pc randomly disconnects dvi/hdmi & kernel power 41 error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor works with DVI connection, but not with HDMI and latest drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor works with DVI connection, but not with HDMI and latest drivers: Hi,I have a very weird problem with my monitor that just started happening out of nowhere.It's a BenQ RL2455 monitor with a 1920x1080 native resolution, connected to a RTX 3070 Ti HDMI to HDMI.The resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and the only other available option is...
  6. Monitor works with DVI connection, but not with HDMI and latest drivers

Monitor works with DVI connection, but not with HDMI and latest drivers: Hi,I have a very weird problem with my monitor that just started happening out of nowhere.It's a BenQ RL2455 monitor with a 1920x1080 native resolution, connected to a RTX 3070 Ti HDMI to HDMI.The resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and the only other available option is...
  7. Monitor works with DVI connection, but not with HDMI and latest drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  9. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  10. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization