Windows 10: HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10

Discus and support HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]HDMI is a standard that allows sending uncompressed audio and video data from one […] This article HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 18, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Jrolandb Win User

No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

The above step did not work for me. The windows audio troubleshooting tool did not fix anything.

Hi, I have the same issue. I have a Toshiba P75-A7200 laptop, I think a recent update to windows 10 removed it, because it wont even show in my available playback device list. My intel drivers are installed
    and my audio drivers as well, but HDMI audio wont show up. I have tried this on other TVs with different HDMI cables with no luck.

Jrolandb, Jan 18, 2021
  3. 2wicked Win User
    Occasionally no audio from HDMI

Try setting hdmi as the default sound device in windows it may help and in the playback devices you can switch from spdif to hdmi without rebooting.

If the tv is not on the pc will not detect a hdmi device so it sets the audio to the next default audio source it's the way windows handles not knowing the audio\video output source.

2wicked, Jan 18, 2021
  4. HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10

1. HDMI Audio device not detected in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio device

2. Not detecting HDMI audio on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not detecting HDMI audio on restart: I have a problem with the HDMI connection of my PC.When I start my computer after it has been shut down, there are no problem and the speaker of my monitor a TV are detected and the sound comes from the TV through NVIDIA. There are also no problems if I put the PC in sleep...
  3. Not detecting HDMI audio on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not detecting HDMI audio on restart: I have a problem with the HDMI connection of my PC.When I start my computer after it has been shut down, there are no problem and the speaker of my monitor a TV are detected and the sound comes from the TV through NVIDIA. There are also no problems if I put the PC in sleep...
  4. Not detecting HDMI audio on restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio devices not detected

Audio devices not detected: My computer was working fine earlier today but a few hours ago when i hopped on I was met with the blue screen of death. After 2ish hours of troubleshooting and a few rollbacks I was able to get my PC working again. Once I got it back on I noticed that my audio devices...
  6. Audio device detection

Audio device detection: I have a an issue when I plug in my headset. The windows system / realtek r Audio driver does not see the microphone. It shows up as headphones and there is no option to identify it as a head set. Previously on my old Windows 10 laptop a popup used to appear to ask what...
  7. Audio device not detected

Audio device not detected: I recently did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Build 2004 and everything seems to be in working order except for the audio. It's the typical red X on the audio icon with the message saying "No Audio Output Device is installed". I'm on a laptop and when I tried looking for...
  8. No hdmi audio device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No hdmi audio device in device manager: Audio plays through laptop speakers even when hdmi is plugged in. Looked to change the playback device but it wasn't there. (I have checked hidden devices) Looked in device manager under sound, video and game controllers (show hidden) and again there's no hdmi audio device....
  9. No audio devices detected

No audio devices detected: So, after upgrading to Windows 10, my computer no longer detects any audio devices. Device manager only detects nvidia hd audio Playback devices only detects nvidia hd audio After installing realtek drivers, realtek is nowhere to be found - no icon in system tray, no...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...