Windows 10: HDMI audio not working on Lenovo 530S-14ikb

Discus and support HDMI audio not working on Lenovo 530S-14ikb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have purchased a new Lenovo 530S-14ikb and installed Windows 10 on it. All drivers was installed correctly and up to date but when I connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SunfengXuan, Jan 15, 2021.

1. HDMI audio not working on Lenovo 530S-14ikb

I have purchased a new Lenovo 530S-14ikb and installed Windows 10 on it. All drivers was installed correctly and up to date but when I connect external monitor via HDMI the secod audio device are not show up no sound from monitor speakers

* I tried to change drivers to original from Lenovo support page of this laptop - not working

* I have installed latest Intel display audio drivers and UHD 620 - not working

* I have changed HDMI cable - same result - not working

* I have tried to connect laptop to my TV - not working.

* I have turned off/on audio devices in device manager - not working

My old laptop is working fine with that TV and external monitor so the problem is with HDMI port itself of with it's drivers of 530S. Despite of all my efforts - the are not HDMI audio devices shown in a system and no sound from speakers .

:)

SunfengXuan, Jan 15, 2021

2. HDMI Audio in NOT working

Hi Dustin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 15, 2021
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Necrofire Win User

HDMI audio not working on Lenovo 530S-14ikb

HD4350, HDMI audio not working

I recently bought this HD4350 to replace the HD3450 in one of my systems. The 3450 has an hdmi slot on it, so I was able to hook it directly to my tv and audio was working and everything.

The 4350 does not have an hdmi slot, but supports hdmi/audio with a dvi/hdmi adapter. When i used an adapter I got from a 3850, I got the screen working, but there's no option to switch to the hdmi audio.

The "hotfix" for the 4350 is actually an older driver compared to the version 8.11 I had for the 3450, and when I try to install the 8.11 drivers, it says the card isn't supported.

This is frustrating, first HDCP and PowerDVD was giving me problems (have to use AnyDVD HD just to watch movies) and now this.

Any suggestions?

Necrofire, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

HDMI audio not working on Lenovo 530S-14ikb

1. HDMI audio not working on Lenovo 530S-14ikb - Similar Threads - HDMI audio working

2. Lenovo audio not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo audio not working: Lenovo AMD 7-GEN laptop audio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-audio-not-working/ccb20ddb-57ef-418a-a1f3-b74ac851455b
  3. Lenovo audio not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo audio not working: Lenovo AMD 7-GEN laptop audio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-audio-not-working/ccb20ddb-57ef-418a-a1f3-b74ac851455b
  4. Lenovo audio not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my logitech K380 is not discoverable by bluetooth on my Lenovo V330-14IKB anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my logitech K380 is not discoverable by bluetooth on my Lenovo V330-14IKB anymore: my logitech K380 is not discoverable by bluetooth on my Lenovo V330-14IKB anymore. Another device like my galaxy earbuds 2 are still discoverable and can be connected. What would be the problem and how to fix it?***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  6. Hdmi wont work for audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hdmi wont work for audio: I have been trying to get this to work for a couple days but everything I have tried hasn't fixed it. I believe i need the amd audio driver for it but it wont download from there website....
  7. HDMI audio working but video not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI audio working but video not working: Hi so when I plug my HDMI cable into my laptop it was originally playing the video but had an audio error so I did a troubleshoot and it fixed the audio but somehow the video has now stopped working, I've updated the drivers restarted my laptop multiple times, the TV is...
  8. HDMI and audio

HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  9. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...
  10. hdmi audio

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    hdmi audio: Now i cant get the audio to work i have the realtek audio drivers and the CCC audio drivers. I am using a radeon hd7700 gpu. 12205