Windows 10: HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

Discus and support HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fetpotatoh, Dec 23, 2020.

1. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10 settings or nvidea. Control panel?

submitted by /u/fetpotatoh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fetpotatoh, Dec 23, 2020

2. All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

Right click the speaker icon in notifications area of the taskbar, down by the clock. Then select "playback devices". To get audio out of HDMI it needs to be set to Digital Display Audio. That's what it lists for me. Mine is set to Speakers as its my laptop and I don't have an HDMI display connected. If that's not your issue it must be a monitor setting?

alphanumeric, Dec 23, 2020
  3. sandyt Win User
    Monitor and speakers

When you connect any pc with a hdmi monitor that has built-in speakers via hdmi cable, the pc will pass audio through the hdmi cable to the monitor. It is the Intel display audio driver or the nvidia audio driver that is doing the job. Realtek audio drivers have nothing to do with it.

When you plug computer speakers to the back of the pc's 3.5mm audio speaker port, you have to set your default speakers to realtek.

sandyt, Dec 23, 2020
  4. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

1. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio Monitor

2. Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable: I just bought a Minis Forum UM690 with Windows 11. My setup is really easy, my pc is connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and the speakers are connected to the monitor with a jack cable. In the audio settings as default I have "Digital Audio HDMI" with the image of the...
  3. Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable: I just bought a Minis Forum UM690 with Windows 11. My setup is really easy, my pc is connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and the speakers are connected to the monitor with a jack cable. In the audio settings as default I have "Digital Audio HDMI" with the image of the...
  4. No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport: I bought a new monitor benq EX2710Q and it has in built speakers. If i play anything first few seconds there is no audio and after that i can hear perfectly. I thought this was an issue with cable but then i tried same cable with my xbox and macbook and it all worked...
  5. No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport

No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport: I bought a new monitor benq EX2710Q and it has in built speakers. If i play anything first few seconds there is no audio and after that i can hear perfectly. I thought this was an issue with cable but then i tried same cable with my xbox and macbook and it all worked...
  6. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  7. HDMI to monitor

HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  8. Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.: I am running an AORUS Z390 PRO mobo, i9-9700k and 2060Super. I can't seem to get any audio to play out of my monitor speakers yes it does have speakers the audio works fine out of every other audio output lineout and headphone but for some reason monitor sound doesn't. It...
  9. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized: Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI Windows 10 Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor...
  10. acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio: I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP!...