Windows 10: HDMI Audio option not displayed

Discus and support HDMI Audio option not displayed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been using a monitor with my laptop with no issues until today, normally as a sound option my monitor appears, however now the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LouisGunning, Jan 20, 2020.

1. HDMI Audio option not displayed

Hi all,

I've been using a monitor with my laptop with no issues until today, normally as a sound option my monitor appears, however now the only option is the laptop's built in audio. In device manager and sound manager the HDMI monitor is gone as an option for audio. I have updated and troubleshooted what options there are, but ultimately I can't do much because the audio I'm trying to fix isn't recognized anywhere on my PC. The video is being displayed fine with no signs of poor connection or broken cables.

The only changes I've made over the last few days are updating windows and updating my amd graphics card drivers, but the audio was working for a while after both of those changes.

Thanks

:)

LouisGunning, Jan 20, 2020

2. not showing hdmi audio playback option

Hello Brahmanandarath,

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps. First check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

• Click Start and select Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click HDMI Output
      and select Default Device.
    • Now the audio must be playing on HDMI.
    Also try updating the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Click on the link below for more information on updating the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

You may also unplug and plug in back the HDMI output and check.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 20, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Dacur Win User

HDMI Audio option not displayed

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Audio option not displayed

1. HDMI Audio option not displayed - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio option

2. PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays: PROBLEM: Can't output HDMI audio from PC to AVR without a display associated with that audio. I call this display the "phantom display" because it is being output to a screen that is not being used. ex TV Input1= 4k60 from GPU directly to 4kTV TV Input2= 4k30 from GPU to AVR...
  3. PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays: PROBLEM: Can't output HDMI audio from PC to AVR without a display associated with that audio. I call this display the "phantom display" because it is being output to a screen that is not being used. ex TV Input1= 4k60 from GPU directly to 4kTV TV Input2= 4k30 from GPU to AVR...
  4. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  5. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  6. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to use the HDMI option to display

Unable to use the HDMI option to display: Hello,I am unable to display/connect to the monitor [samsung] using the HDMI option.What could be the reason and possible solution?thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-the-hdmi-option-to-display/4423d640-b590-4a5c-97ba-ee1a711aa9a5
  8. HDMI display

HDMI display: I have plugged the HDMI cable into my ASUSVivoBook with windows 10 and my tv. When I turn my TV on the computer is not displayed on the screen. * I have checked that the TV is displaying the same HDMI port that the computer is plugged into. I have tried different...
  9. HDMI Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Display: Hello, I have poor eye sight and need a TV monitor to see the computer screen. I have a Dell OptiPlex windows 10 and when I first got it had trouble getting it to display on the HDMI screen. I spoke with the Dell service rep at the time who helped me connect to the TV. But...
  10. No HDMI Audio options showing in playback

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI Audio options showing in playback: I just updated a gateway lt4004u laptop from windows 7 to 10. I am trying to use a tv as a monitor via hdmi which is working but I cant get the audio to work. Ive tried updating the drivers, right clicking to show hidden devices, and disabling, restarting and enabling again....