Windows 10: HDMI audio working but video not working

Discus and support HDMI audio working but video not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi so when I plug my HDMI cable into my laptop it was originally playing the video but had an audio error so I did a troubleshoot and it fixed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/srsh98, Apr 28, 2020.

1. /u/srsh98 Win User

HDMI audio working but video not working

Hi so when I plug my HDMI cable into my laptop it was originally playing the video but had an audio error so I did a troubleshoot and it fixed the audio but somehow the video has now stopped working, I've updated the drivers restarted my laptop multiple times, the TV is detected and the audio comes from the TV but the video does not show. Any help will he greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/srsh98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/srsh98, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Necrofire Win User

HD4350, HDMI audio not working

I recently bought this HD4350 to replace the HD3450 in one of my systems. The 3450 has an hdmi slot on it, so I was able to hook it directly to my tv and audio was working and everything.

The 4350 does not have an hdmi slot, but supports hdmi/audio with a dvi/hdmi adapter. When i used an adapter I got from a 3850, I got the screen working, but there's no option to switch to the hdmi audio.

The "hotfix" for the 4350 is actually an older driver compared to the version 8.11 I had for the 3450, and when I try to install the 8.11 drivers, it says the card isn't supported.

This is frustrating, first HDCP and PowerDVD was giving me problems (have to use AnyDVD HD just to watch movies) and now this.

Any suggestions?

Necrofire, Apr 28, 2020
  3. lZKoce Win User
    9400gt HDMI not working

+1 to INSTG8R, I suggest getting something from the flea market in Ohio. May be a GT520=GT610. You should be able to find it pretty cheap- 20-25 bucks may be? May be less. I don't know. But it will bring you the latest HDMI- specification.

lZKoce, Apr 28, 2020
  4. HDMI audio working but video not working

HDMI Audio in NOT working

Hi Dustin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

HDMI audio working but video not working

1. HDMI audio working but video not working - Similar Threads - HDMI audio working

2. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  3. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  4. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video and audio not playing/working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video and audio not playing/working: So...I bought this laptop like 2 weeks ago, and I've just run into an issue. When I try to watch videos on YouTube, it loads for forever. Sometimes the video goes black but continues to load. And if it actually does load in, it has no audio. Even ads. A similar thing...
  6. Hdmi wont work for audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hdmi wont work for audio: I have been trying to get this to work for a couple days but everything I have tried hasn't fixed it. I believe i need the amd audio driver for it but it wont download from there website....
  7. Video works but no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video works but no audio: I was testing my webcam on Windows 10 and it worked but when I did a video it didn't play the audio. I am using the regular Camera app that is already on the computer. I am not using a mic or anything like that so maybe that is the problem but I don't know can you please help...
  8. Video and Audio Stops Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video and Audio Stops Working: After only a few short videos or if I pause and restart a couple of times, videos and audio will not work anymore. I have to reboot and if I'm lucky I can watch a video. This has been going on for months and seems to be getting worse. I am taking online classes and I need to...
  9. Videos and Audio not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos and Audio not working: Videos are not playing in any where (chrome, firefox, windows media player, vlc, etc). They just get stuck at 0:00. Also my audio is gone. What the hell is the problem *Mad 95228
  10. No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine: I decided today to try using my flat screen as a second monitor to do video tutorials on. I plugged in the HDMI and the video part works perfectly. But there is no sound. There is no option for HDMI in the playback panel (I made sure disconnect devices show was clicked. I...