Windows 10: HDMI cable is connected and shows picture but sound comes out of the lapotp

Discus and support HDMI cable is connected and shows picture but sound comes out of the lapotp in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I updated to Windows version 1909 from 1809, when I plug my laptop into the tv the picture will show but the sound will play through the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Giovanni EG, Jan 7, 2020.

1. HDMI cable is connected and shows picture but sound comes out of the lapotp

Since I updated to Windows version 1909 from 1809, when I plug my laptop into the tv the picture will show but the sound will play through the laptop speakers. The sound was working fine before the 1909 version update. I've tried many things to fix it but nothing seems to work. Should I uninstall the update?

:)

Giovanni EG, Jan 7, 2020

2. No picture or sound on Sony HDTV from laptop via HDMI cable

Trying to connect Dell laptop (Windows 10) to HDTV Sony using HDMI cable. No picture or sound on TV external port 6 (only HDMI port). The laptop recognizes Sony TV but no pic or sound on TV.

AttilaTothOK, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Laptop is connected to tv through hdmi. I have picture is showing on the tv but no sound. ( but there is sound coming out of the laptop)

I have windows 10 and I've had my laptop (which is an HP Pavilion) connected to my TV via HDMI on and off whenever I wanna watch a movie. But now all of a sudden I get picture on the TV but the sound is only coming out of the computer and not the TV. I
    have gone to playback devices and it shows a TV and it says digital audio HDMI. but there is a red arrow going down next to the icon. and it says its not plugged in. I've tried a different HDMI cable, I've tried uninstalling it and restarting my computer,
    and I've tried resetting my laptop and still the problem persists. Could the HDMI port on my laptop be the problem? Please help?

Calisurf482, Jan 7, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

HDMI cable is connected and shows picture but sound comes out of the lapotp

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

HDMI cable is connected and shows picture but sound comes out of the lapotp

1. HDMI cable is connected and shows picture but sound comes out of the lapotp - Similar Threads - HDMI cable connected

2. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  3. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  8. connect ps3 by hdmi cable

connect ps3 by hdmi cable: how do I connect a ps3 using a regular hdmi cable to a Lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-ps3-by-hdmi-cable/7d13e683-b73b-4803-a6d5-56caefb75553
  9. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  10. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...