Windows 10: HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Installed on both my computers last night::: KB4570723 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HowardWhite3, Sep 7, 2020.

1. HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Installed on both my computers last night:::

KB4570723 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903, Windows Server 1903 RTM, Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909

Now, my monitors connected via HDMI will not display a picture. They show connected, the computers behave normally, but the screen is black! The cursor moves to that scree, but I cannot see it or anything, just a blank screen. This was not a problem 24 hours ago on either of these computers.

What did this update to my work environment?!! I have already run through the normal trouble shooting... check for drive updates, unplug the hdmi, restart, plug it back....... still no picture!!

This is beyond infuriating. Event the color display was changed to some muted, flat hue afterwards. I have spent 6 hours trying to fix my computers so I can do some real work.

:)

HowardWhite3, Sep 7, 2020

2. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Sep 7, 2020
  3. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Sep 7, 2020
  4. AC_10 Win User

HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Second monitor not working with HDMI

Hi,

I have a AOC monitor hp Pavillion laptop and while trying to connect to the monitor using a HDMI cord, nothing is displayed. Comes up with a No Signal info. I have tried multiple cords : HDMI - HDMI, HDMI - DVI , HDMI - VGA, nothing works. The monitor is
    not detected. I have another laptop on Windows 7 and and if I try to connect directly with VGA - VGA, it works, but does not work with HDMI from the same laptop. Basically, it does not work with HDMI at all.

I have updated the latest graphics card, both nVidia and Intel, but no progress.

If I use the same laptop and connect to my hd tv using the same cord it works, but does not work with my monitor. The monitor model is AOC e2450swh. It has support for HDMI. Even if I try to use a HDMI to VGA cord, still it does not display anything.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks

AC_10, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update

1. HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - HDMI Connected Monitor

2. HDMI not working after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not working after Windows update.: I can't get my HDMI port to work after updating Windows 11. I'm working on an HP Laptop 15 with Intel Core i7-8550u. The graphics card is Intel Graphics UHD 620. I've reinstalled the latest driver that I can find. Are there any other solutions for this problem?...
  3. HDMI not working after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working after Windows update.: I can't get my HDMI port to work after updating Windows 11. I'm working on an HP Laptop 15 with Intel Core i7-8550u. The graphics card is Intel Graphics UHD 620. I've reinstalled the latest driver that I can find. Are there any other solutions for this problem?...
  4. no HDMI connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  5. Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update: Hi! A few days ago my monitor suddenly wasn't connecting to my laptop anymore via HDMI. I had updated windows the night before and when i woke up the monitor wasn't connected anymore, it just said "no signal". The monitor itself seems to be working good, and the display as...
  6. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10: I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in again it stopped working. I have tried everything from checking hardware to updating my bios and everything in between...
  7. HDMI connections not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI connections not working after Windows 10 update: Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on my personal laptop. My laptop does not connect to my external monitor and to my projector since I received the recent 'critical update' (dated October 2018 I believe). I updated graphics card drivers and tried a different cable but HDMI...
  8. HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update

HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update: Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on my personal laptop. My laptop does not connect to my external monitor and to my projector since I received the recent 'critical update' (dated October 2018 I believe). I updated graphics card drivers and tried a different cable but HDMI...
  9. HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10: I too woke up this morning with my display non-functioning. I had shut off the monitor before retiring for the night but left the computer on to finish some work by itself. Some time after the computer finished its work the Windows 10 update came in and rebooted the computer...
  10. Monitor HDMI's not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor HDMI's not working: I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it's not. My grandma has a 50" 1080P LG flatscreen TV that's just a few years old, and a year or two back the HDMI's stopped working so she's just been using the three input adapter (not sure what it's called. Green,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows 10 version 1903 have problems with hdmi