Windows 10: HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10

Discus and support HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sorry in advance for the length description of my issue... I have a relatively new HP laptop running windows 10 (the device manager shows only an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 1984gman, Nov 21, 2019.

1. 1984gman Win User

HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10

Sorry in advance for the length description of my issue...

I have a relatively new HP laptop running windows 10 (the device manager shows only an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605 display adapter) . Up to a few days ago, I had no problem connecting an external monitor to the one and only HDMI port (the laptop is new enough that the single HDMI port is the only port available to connect an external monitor).. The connection suddenly stopped working this week. The monitor now displays the message "No Signal Found" and then goes to sleep.

I've tried the obvious; powering down both the monitor and the laptop, disconnecting and then reconnecting the cable, then powering on both; to no effect. I've connected the monitor with the existing HDMI cable to a desktop computer and it works just fine. I've tried using the "detect" display, in display settings after restarting, also to no effect. I then checked if I have the latest update to the Windows 10 operating system, which I do. I also tried updating the display driver. I still have no ability to use my external monitor connecting through the HDMI port.

I can however connect an old Acer projector that's a VGA device, using a VGA to HDMI adapter, to the HDMI port. So the port is working and the system recognizes the VGA device, but it no longer recognizes either my HP monitor or a new Samsung monitor on the HDMI port. So, having checked the monitor(s), cable, operating system, device driver, and the HDMI port, I'm at a loss to understand why Windows 10 can no longer connect to my HDMI monitor(s).

I saw similar question that noted there had been an earlier incident where windows 10 recognized VGA devices, but had an HDMI issue. All of the suggested fixes in that thread were tried and described above.

So, does anyone have any other thoughts on what I could try? Or am I stuck waiting for the next round of system and device driver updates to get this fixed?

:)

1984gman, Nov 21, 2019

2. Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

Hi Parallax,

Thank you for your response.

We’d like to get more information regarding this issue.

1. Are you trying to connect for the first time?
    2. If not, has it worked before?

It seems that the monitor/TV which you are trying to connect does not have setting to change input mode. Kindly refer to suggestion provided by 'Sandeep
    Ghatuary
    ' dated July 1st 2011 HDMI - connect desktop computer
    to monitor

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 21, 2019
  3. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in again it stopped working. I have tried everything from checking hardware to updating my bios and everything
    in between (installed newest driver from manufacturer site, windows button p, settings menu, unplugging computer for a set time, fresh install on windows 10 without updates). If I boot the computer with only the second HDMI monitor connected the bios will
    pick it up but when Windows takes over it loses it's connection. My primary is connected through Display Port. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

4. Igal_1234 Win User

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Igal_1234, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

1. HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDMI Connection Monitor

2. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  3. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  4. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  5. HDMI connection failing

HDMI connection failing: Hi,I have been using my HDMI cable to connect my computer to my TV screen for a while, but now when I connect it, my computer screen turns black, but the monitor 2nd screed is working. I restarted and updated my computer and checked my settings to be on "expand" and it didnt...
  6. no HDMI connection to monitor

no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  7. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10: I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in again it stopped working. I have tried everything from checking hardware to updating my bios and everything in between...
  8. Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor

Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor: I have a HP Spectre x360. This laptop doesn't have a HDMI port. Instead I use a USB-C to HDMI/VGA adapter. No issues until the recent 1903 Feature Update. After this update, my laptop will not recognise the monitor that is connected. I have troubleshooted in the following...
  9. acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio: I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP!...
  10. Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI: My laptop won't connect to HDMI? My laptop yesterday was just fine. Was playing games on my telly. Turned off for the night, turned on today, and it won't work? It's like it's not even recognising it's being plugged in. I've got a Lenovo Y50-70. I've restarted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 hdmi connect fail