Windows 10: HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update

Discus and support HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on my personal laptop. My laptop does not connect to my external monitor and to my projector since I received the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by muendis, Dec 15, 2018.

1. muendis Win User

HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update

Hi,

I have Windows 10 installed on my personal laptop.

My laptop does not connect to my external monitor and to my projector since I received the recent 'critical update' (dated October 2018 I believe). I updated graphics card drivers and tried a different cable but HDMI connection still does not work with any external device.

Additionally, a week after, my partner's laptop (also running Windows 10) received the update, and since then her laptop cannot connect to the second monitor and projector neither.

Does Microsoft acknowledge this issue? Is there going to be a fix for this? It is very annoying as we can't use our monitor or projector due to an update that we don't even know what it is for!!

I would appreciate any tips, help or reassurance that this is acknowledged and will be be fixed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

muendis, Dec 15, 2018
  2. DrPepper Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 15, 2018
  4. HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update

HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update

1. HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update - Similar Threads - HDMI connections working

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  4. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update: I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up. At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard...
  5. The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update: Hello! :) after the October 2018 update, the timeline does not work. I only have record of activities from days before the update. Is this a bug from Microsoft? Thanks. 119409
  6. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  7. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  8. October 2018 Update - VPN services stopped working

October 2018 Update - VPN services stopped working: Hi, Yesterday I upgraded my laptop with the newest update (October 2018), and all of my VPN programs stopped working, they connect, but the connection only lasts for a second, before it's interrupted, so pretty much everything VPN related is pretty much useless as of now,...
  9. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  10. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........