Windows 10: HDMI cord/picture and no sound on t.v.

Discus and support HDMI cord/picture and no sound on t.v. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few days ago my power went out for a second and I happened to be using my HDMI cord to watch a movie. I have an HP Envy laptop about 6 mo. old. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErikJohnson_465, Nov 20, 2019.

1. HDMI cord/picture and no sound on t.v.

A few days ago my power went out for a second and I happened to be using my HDMI cord to watch a movie. I have an HP Envy laptop about 6 mo. old. It was connected to my flat screen Toshiba t.v. about 5 years old. I'v never had a problem but this time, after the power went out for a second, the picture works, but there is no sound on the t.v. only. I have tried everything I could find to fix it. When I right click on sound icon and go to sound settings and make the Toshiba as default sound then there is no sound on either t.v. or laptop. Any ideas out there?

:)

ErikJohnson_465, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Showing pictures on TV with HDMI cord

I had windows 7 professional, when I wanted to show video or pictures on my TV, I just plugged in an HDMI cord.
    Today I tried to show pictures on my tv, I could see the picture that is on my desk top, at times the cursor showed, although it was on the wrong side of the screen, consequently worked backwards.
    I could not see icons, nor pictures when I opened up the pictures?
    what do i have to do for the pictures to show on my tv?

Policy Peddler, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

HDMI cord/picture and no sound on t.v.

No HDMI Sound after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for updating.

Is your Samsung T V shows in Device Manager?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control Panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Also refer the suggestions by Stuart Fraser on August 4, 2015
    and check if that helps.

No HDMI Sound after upgrade to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

HDMI cord/picture and no sound on t.v.

1. HDMI cord/picture and no sound on t.v. - Similar Threads - HDMI cord picture

2. Laptop not receiving hdmi cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not receiving hdmi cord: So my windows 10 laptop screen is broken and I use a hdmi cord to connect it to a monitor. It was working perfectly fine but then the hdmi cord got broken, so i got a new one. When I plug it in the monitor lights up saying its working but my laptops hdmi light doesnt turn on...
  3. Laptop not receiving hdmi cord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not receiving hdmi cord: So my windows 10 laptop screen is broken and I use a hdmi cord to connect it to a monitor. It was working perfectly fine but then the hdmi cord got broken, so i got a new one. When I plug it in the monitor lights up saying its working but my laptops hdmi light doesnt turn on...
  4. Laptop not receiving hdmi cord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. extended screen via HDMI to HDMI cord in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    extended screen via HDMI to HDMI cord in WIN 10: someone at best buy told me that a double ended HTML cord would serve this purpose, but apparently it doesn't. it doesn't make sense to me, as all the other times that I've had this setup, it has only mirrored the screen. and it did it automatically. see images for what I...
  6. USB cord sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB cord sounds: My usb cord keeps making sounds, how do i turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-cord-sounds/b7072721-0125-4d0c-89ed-7c9255713cd3
  7. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  8. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....
  9. Showing pictures on TV with HDMI cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Showing pictures on TV with HDMI cord: I had windows 7 professional, when I wanted to show video or pictures on my TV, I just plugged in an HDMI cord. Today I tried to show pictures on my tv, I could see the picture that is on my desk top, at times the cursor showed, although it was on the wrong side of the...
  10. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...