Windows 10: HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

Discus and support HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently fresh-installed Windows 10 Home on my Alienware 15 laptop. I've had it working with an external TV connected through HDMI. before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SJLPHI, Apr 9, 2021.

1. SJLPHI Win User

HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

Hello,
    I've recently fresh-installed Windows 10 Home on my Alienware 15 laptop. I've had it working with an external TV connected through HDMI. before the fresh install. In short, hardware wise nothing should be wrong. Cable, the TV and HDMI jack were working just fine a few days ago.

Since the fresh install, I've got many things to work properly except the sound through the HDMI. I did re-install and rolled back the audio driver many times but still no success. Everything else is up to date and I am out of ideas.

HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV [​IMG]

Windows 10 is producing sound fine, I can hear it fine through the headphones when I set the headphones as default devices but when I switch to the HDMI/TV as the default and output device, no sound comes out.

I would appreciate any help. I did try to google my issues but pretty much every suggestions I came across didn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

It got solved with a freakish unrelated patch. I installed On screen display application (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...driverid=41ttf) for my laptop.

This is the strangest solution I've seen yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, nevermind. it did not get resolved. The sound sometimes works but sometimes doesn't. I have no idea what's going on!

- - - Updated - - -

Just to fill my curiosity, I tried thunderbolt, same result. However the TV sound works fine with other computers.

:)

SJLPHI, Apr 9, 2021

2. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, Apr 9, 2021
  3. No sound from HDMI, Not detected HDMI.Windows 10

I have desktop PC and a Samsung TV.

Everything is fine except the sound. I connect the TV with a good HDMI (checked) cable and is working good as a screen. I don't have sound from my TV though.

I searched and tried all the suggested solutions but nothing.

I don't find my TV to the playback devices.

I cannot find the HDMI as an sound exit. "show disabled devices" is checked.

I don't know what else to do.

A strange fact is that in Device Manager my TV is not visible in "Monitors". Only "Generic PnP monitor" is listed.

ΑπόστολοςΧριστόφαλος, Apr 9, 2021
  4. HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

1. HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV - Similar Threads - HDMI device detected

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  6. Headphones Detected but no sound is produced

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones Detected but no sound is produced: Hi everyone,Acer Nitro 5 - Windows 10Regular audio is working but when I plugged in three pairs of headphones no audio was produced. Headphones RealtekR Audio is detected. I have turned audio enhancements off and have updated the drivers but nothing is working. Earlier this...
  7. No sound through HDMI to TV

No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  8. HDMI to TV - sound problem

HDMI to TV - sound problem: Using the HDMI port I connected my laptop to my TV set to watch a sports event. The sound still came from the laptop rather than through the TV, whereas previously it did come through the TV speakers. What is happened and how is it fixed, please?...
  9. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  10. no sound to tv thru hdmi

no sound to tv thru hdmi: no sound to tv via hdmi/windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-to-tv-thru-hdmi/77a45187-59de-427e-ad97-2d97b88310d8