Windows 10: HDMI devices receive no signal

Discus and support HDMI devices receive no signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused. Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by zet3, Mar 15, 2021.

1. zet3 Win User

HDMI devices receive no signal

Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused.
    Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it failed to receive signal no matter what I tried. I never pursued that issue as it wasn't very important to me.

It is important now, because I can't connect my new graphic tablet (Cintiq 16) without wrestling with it for a few hours every time.
    Let me summarize what I deal with:
    -tablet recognizes it is connected via hdmi, but receives no signal
    -restarts, power cycling, GPU driver reinstallation don't help.
    -I managed to kickstart and use it a couple of times however it seems to be random at times- i once managed to make it work after uninstalling my GPU from the Device Manager, but next time it didn't work. Another time it started working the moment I uninstalled PCIE Root Complex. It didn't work next time. I've tried this with a lot of components, I didn't manage to narrow down what really works.
    -Once it works, the tablet is fine if I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, but sometimes it will stop working after a few days of not being unplugged even once, as if the system forgets it.

I've been scouring the Internet for any hints and I've used up all my options for now. None of the tricks work.
    I'm somewhat convinced that it's not the HDMI port itself causing problems. But like I said, I'm lost and I have run out of steam to look any further- I need advice. I'll be really grateful for any ideas as to where to look next.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    OMEN by HP 15-ce0xx
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

:)

2. zet3 Win User

Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused.
    Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it failed to receive signal no matter what I tried. I never pursued that issue as it wasn't very important to me.

It is important now, because I can't connect my new graphic tablet (Cintiq 16) without wrestling with it for a few hours every time.
    Let me summarize what I deal with:
    -tablet recognizes it is connected via hdmi, but receives no signal
    -restarts, power cycling, GPU driver reinstallation don't help.
    -I managed to kickstart and use it a couple of times however it seems to be random at times- i once managed to make it work after uninstalling my GPU from the Device Manager, but next time it didn't work. Another time it started working the moment I uninstalled PCIE Root Complex. It didn't work next time. I've tried this with a lot of components, I didn't manage to narrow down what really works.
    -Once it works, the tablet is fine if I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, but sometimes it will stop working after a few days of not being unplugged even once, as if the system forgets it.

I've been scouring the Internet for any hints and I've used up all my options for now. None of the tricks work.
    I'm somewhat convinced that it's not the HDMI port itself causing problems. But like I said, I'm lost and I have run out of steam to look any further- I need advice. I'll be really grateful for any ideas as to where to look next.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    OMEN by HP 15-ce0xx
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

3. bha19 Win User
    no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Mar 15, 2021
  4. HDMI devices receive no signal

Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. HDMI devices receive no signal - Similar Threads - HDMI devices receive

2. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  3. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  4. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDMI Signal Not Detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI Signal Not Detected: My monitor goes black when I play now most games and recently sometimes it goes off during Zoom meetings. I can hear the audio, but can't get a picture back. The only way to get video again is to reboot which is a serious hassle most of the time The message I get is no HDMI...
  6. HDMI devices receive no signal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDMI devices receive no signal: Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused. Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it...
  7. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough: I have a PC monitor with a single HDMI input. I wanted to have an alternative to having to unplug and replug cables between my pc/xbox knee and my monitor. I first tried using an HDMI switch I had sitting around. This did not work. My next thought was to utilize the xbox...
  8. No HDMI signal?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI signal?: This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on...
  9. No HDMI signal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No HDMI signal?: This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on...
  10. no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    no HDMI signal: I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still...