Windows 10: HDMI display

Discus and support HDMI display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have plugged the HDMI cable into my ASUSVivoBook with windows 10 and my tv. When I turn my TV on the computer is not displayed on the screen. * I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RebeccaWeekes, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:13 PM.

1. HDMI display

I have plugged the HDMI cable into my ASUSVivoBook with windows 10 and my tv. When I turn my TV on the computer is not displayed on the screen.

* I have checked that the TV is displaying the same HDMI port that the computer is plugged into. I have tried different combinations of devices on and off when connecting.

* I have rebooted the laptop.

* In display options when I use the "detect" button to show connections it says there is nothing to display

* My display adapters only shows - AMD RadeonTM Vega 8 Graphics it has been updated

* Monitors show - Generic PnP Monitor

* I do not have the ability to connect to a wireless display

When using an older laptop I just have to have the HDMI cable plugged in and it automatically shows up on the TV.

How can I fix my problem and be able to use my tv as a 2nd monitor?

:)

RebeccaWeekes, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:13 PM
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

4. DrPepper Win User

HDMI display

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

Thema:

HDMI display

1. HDMI display - Similar Threads - HDMI display

2. How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Adjust or Resize Windows 10 Desktop to Fit the Screen of an HDMI Display or Monitor...: I actually had this question the other day and could not find the answer in the Microsoft Community questions and answers section. I figured it out though on my own after a bit of digging, so I am going to ask this question and then answer it for all those others who may run...
  3. Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem: I have already availed myself of the suggested community fixes for this problem and want to share what I have learned. The Intel audio driver I have is up to date. I have disabled both the Win 10 speaker and HD audio devices. This allows the Intel driver to load, which is...
  4. Is there a way to change the defaut projection settings? If i plug a display into my hdmi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the defaut projection settings? If i plug a display into my hdmi...: I want to be able to close the lid on my laptop and plug in the hdmi to a much larger monitor and just have it function like a desktop submitted by /u/izzo444 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gstek4/is_there_a_way_to_change_the_defaut_projection/
  5. Mutiple Displays HDMI issues.

Mutiple Displays HDMI issues.: Been having an issue with routing audio, display on its own hdmi and audio on another. But this only works when displays are extended as the audio hdmi port is grayed out once put on display only on monitor one. This seams to be a new issue as i've had audio routed to a...
  6. laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port

laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port: This has now happened to me many times even after completely re-installing windows 10 from scratch. But this time around it seems permanent. I've also tried uninstalling display drivers and monitors. Under Device Manager, monitors now I only see the Generic PnP monitor. When...
  7. How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display: Every time my laptop goes to sleep, it wakes up with extended displays rather than display on display 2 only I am trying to do this so I can keep my laptop closed when using it at home...
  8. Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image: So I connected my laptop to a TV monitor and the image looks like shit. Its not stretched, but the colors are unusual and it looks pixely. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone know how to fix it? Connectivity is via HDMI (displayport to hdmi cable). Laptop is an...
  9. HDMI Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Display: Hello, I have poor eye sight and need a TV monitor to see the computer screen. I have a Dell OptiPlex windows 10 and when I first got it had trouble getting it to display on the HDMI screen. I spoke with the Dell service rep at the time who helped me connect to the TV. But...
  10. Dell lap top Win10 now HDMI wont display on TV. Did Microsoft purposly make drivers not...

Dell lap top Win10 now HDMI wont display on TV. Did Microsoft purposly make drivers not...: Changed to SSD recently Dell E6430. The 2 things I want a lap top to do is play a dvd and have a working hdmi outlet to the tv. Apparently that is too much to ask these days....