Windows 10: HDMI does not work with projector

Discus and support HDMI does not work with projector in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a factory reset on my windows 10 laptop and now cannot use my projector with the HDMI cable. I assume it is a software update issue but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulThompson5, Sep 7, 2018.

1. HDMI does not work with projector

I recently did a factory reset on my windows 10 laptop and now cannot use my projector with the HDMI cable. I assume it is a software update issue but can't find the HDMI driver to update it, can someone direct me to this driver?

:)

PaulThompson5, Sep 7, 2018

2. HDMI to monitor but not projector

I have a Dell XPS laptop with HDMI output. Suddenly, and for no obvious reason, it wiil no longer recognise my Dell projector. However, it will still recognise an external monitor and a HDTV. The projector is recognised by my old laptop via HDMI and VGA.
    So the HDMI on each machine works; they just don't work together any more. Any ideas?

RichardSeel, Sep 7, 2018
  3. HDMI to monitor but not projector

Thanks. Drivers are up to date. Dell are now suggesting I need a new motherboard, which seems a bit extreme! I have now discovered that if I switch on either laptop or projector when connected by HDMI, it will owrk. But there is no 'plug and play' with the
    projector, though there is with a monitor.

So at least I have a workaround, and that's good enough, I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

RichardSeel, Sep 7, 2018
  4. HDMI does not work with projector

Black screen connecting projector through HDMI to VGA converter

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the projector?

• Did you contact the projector manufacturer, as projector is only equipped with a VGA input?

• Have you follow the steps and suggestions provided previously?

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows in the future.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

HDMI does not work with projector

1. HDMI does not work with projector - Similar Threads - HDMI does projector

2. Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable: Hey there, I recently had windows 11 installed on my Leveno computer and got a new projector at the same time. I am now having issues when I plug an HDMI cord and try to duplicate my screen. It will allow me to extend through the projector but not Duplicate. Any help would be...
  3. Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable: Hey there, I recently had windows 11 installed on my Leveno computer and got a new projector at the same time. I am now having issues when I plug an HDMI cord and try to duplicate my screen. It will allow me to extend through the projector but not Duplicate. Any help would be...
  4. Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...: SETUP:Sony 5.1 bdw e780w + Dall Latitude 5530 Windows 11 + Epson projectorSTEPS:connect laptop DELL to the Sony bdw bluray 5.1 system via HDMI input then connect Sony via HDMI cable to the Epson projector output from Sony, input in Epson.WHAT i EXPECT:both audio and video...
  5. Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...: SETUP:Sony 5.1 bdw e780w + Dall Latitude 5530 Windows 11 + Epson projectorSTEPS:connect laptop DELL to the Sony bdw bluray 5.1 system via HDMI input then connect Sony via HDMI cable to the Epson projector output from Sony, input in Epson.WHAT i EXPECT:both audio and video...
  6. Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector: How do I make my HDMI output stay on my PC, and not go out to the projector. The projector has a speaker, but my PC has a better output. Is there a command prompt for this, perhaps? I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer and on Mozilla Firefox....
  7. working with a projector and laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working with a projector and laptop: Using powerpoint I project high quality photos on a screen. Laptop picture excellent. Projection very acid yellow. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-with-a-projector-and-laptop/875b9d0b-cdc6-4637-bd4b-cd00f742a5ae
  8. Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct

Screen flicker from wall HDMI port for projector, works fine on direct: I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop. It has Core i7 8th Gen 8750H Processor. 16GB RAM/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 250GB as the main C partition.I am running Windows 10 - 64 bit, version 1903. It is up to...
  9. Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector

Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector: I just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 OS. There are issues with the compatibility and I’m suspecting the driver built in Windows 10. Does anyone having the same issue with me. Thank you! 18703
  10. Projector Image not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Projector Image not working: Hi since i installed win 10 , my projector has stopped working properly . If i set it on projector only setting i will get sound from it but no image. When i used duplicate i did find out that my nvidia card isn't working in that mode. I have downloaded and installed newest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why hdmi is not working when being used with projector

2. epson projector hdmi connection not working

3. hdmi cable not working with epson projector

4. hdmi port not working from laptop to projector screen,
  5. does an hdmi converter work with a Epson projector,
  6. projector hdmi not working,
  7. hdmi to projector not working,
  8. i cant get my projector to work with a hdmi converter with Windows 10,
  9. win 10 hdmi projector not working