Windows 10: HDMI does not work with projector

Discus and support HDMI does not work with projector in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a factory reset on my windows 10 laptop and now cannot use my projector with the HDMI cable. I assume it is a software update issue but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulThompson5, Sep 7, 2018.

1. PaulThompson5 Win User

HDMI does not work with projector

I recently did a factory reset on my windows 10 laptop and now cannot use my projector with the HDMI cable. I assume it is a software update issue but can't find the HDMI driver to update it, can someone direct me to this driver?

:)

PaulThompson5, Sep 7, 2018
  2. RichardSeel Win User

HDMI to monitor but not projector

I have a Dell XPS laptop with HDMI output. Suddenly, and for no obvious reason, it wiil no longer recognise my Dell projector. However, it will still recognise an external monitor and a HDTV. The projector is recognised by my old laptop via HDMI and VGA.
    So the HDMI on each machine works; they just don't work together any more. Any ideas?

RichardSeel, Sep 7, 2018
  3. RichardSeel Win User
    HDMI to monitor but not projector

Thanks. Drivers are up to date. Dell are now suggesting I need a new motherboard, which seems a bit extreme! I have now discovered that if I switch on either laptop or projector when connected by HDMI, it will owrk. But there is no 'plug and play' with the
    projector, though there is with a monitor.

So at least I have a workaround, and that's good enough, I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

RichardSeel, Sep 7, 2018
  4. AntonyJose Win User

Black screen connecting projector through HDMI to VGA converter

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the projector?

• Did you contact the projector manufacturer, as projector is only equipped with a VGA input?

• Have you follow the steps and suggestions provided previously?

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows in the future.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. HDMI does not work with projector - Similar Threads - HDMI does projector

2. Acer C120 projector installation on Windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer C120 projector installation on Windows 10 not working: Good morning! I just bought a new laptop running on Windows 10 64 bit and would like to install my Acer C120 projector. I tried some suggestions to run it in compatibility mode but it seems not to out out for me. Please help. Thank you!...
  3. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  4. Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector

Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector: I just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 OS. There are issues with the compatibility and I’m suspecting the driver built in Windows 10. Does anyone having the same issue with me. Thank you! 18703
  5. projector

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    projector: The major win 10 upgrade was installed on my laptop yesterday May 19, since the upgrade the laptop will not stay on projector option and keeps reverting back to pc only screen. I have a Dell e5410 and is connected to my non smart tv using a HDMI cable. I did not have this...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...
  7. USB to HDMI converter does not work with Windows 10

USB to HDMI converter does not work with Windows 10: I have an Acer Aspire V17 Nitro laptop (i7, 16 Gb RAM) which I am using with an external monitor (through the built-in HDMI port). I recently purchased a USB to HDMI converter so that I could have a second external monitor. This was advertised as being applicable for...
  8. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...
  9. Monitor HDMI's not working

Monitor HDMI's not working: I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it's not. My grandma has a 50" 1080P LG flatscreen TV that's just a few years old, and a year or two back the HDMI's stopped working so she's just been using the three input adapter (not sure what it's called. Green,...
  10. Projector Image not working

Projector Image not working: Hi since i installed win 10 , my projector has stopped working properly . If i set it on projector only setting i will get sound from it but no image. When i used duplicate i did find out that my nvidia card isn't working in that mode. I have downloaded and installed newest...