Windows 10: HDMI driver not showing up after installing the AMD video card drivers on my MSI motherboard

Discus and support HDMI driver not showing up after installing the AMD video card drivers on my MSI motherboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey after i was done installing the AMD video drivers on my i9 desktop computer on my MSI mother board the HDMI sound tv drivers disappeared on me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobbylove1, Mar 14, 2021.

1. HDMI driver not showing up after installing the AMD video card drivers on my MSI motherboard

Hey

after i was done installing the AMD video drivers on my i9 desktop computer on my MSI mother board

the HDMI sound tv drivers disappeared on me and no longer are showing up for me at all

so what could be wrong then

:)

bobbylove1, Mar 14, 2021
  2. redhonker Win User

Fix random freeze for AMD CPU, MSI motherboard and nVidia Video Card

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

GeForce GT 710

AMD FX-8320E CPU

MSI 970A-G46 motherboard

The system freezes randomly without trace in event viewer. Sometimes the freeze will recover. Sometimes only a hard reset will do. No clear usage pattern causing this. It can happen right after reboot or idling. Another issue was there is random buzz
    during audio playback

I have done a lot research and experiment. And finally I have a stable system for over a week. Here is a quick summary. Hope this can help others.

• Clean installation of Windows 10 with network unplugged. Initially I did the upgrade from Windows 7 so was not sure if it's because of that. So I did clean installation this time but still got the random freeze.
    • Install nVidia Driver. I tried several versions and got random freeze with each of them. So I settled with one that I used before 364.72. This is before step 3. After that, I did not go back to upgrade the driver again.
    • nVidia driver installer will corrupt opencl.dll. I used

SFC and DISM
      and fix it. I suspect this also causes the random buzz during audio playback but I can't confirm it since I did not play audio at this point
    • Plug in the network and update. Freeze continues
    • Upgrade SSD firmware. Freeze continues
    • Upgrade motherboard BIOS. I've checked MSI website many times and it never showed an update. It turns out that you have to install MSI Live Update. It showed available update and I installed it
    • System fails to start after BIOS update. Had to pin-reset and it rebooted fine. Went into BIOS and configured as I would normally do. Reboot, freeze continues.
    • Run memtest86+ overnight. No error. Reboot, freeze continues.
    • Went back into BIOS, disabled C6 State in power management (kept C1E enabled). Rebooted, no freeze in a week

I can't say everyone has the same problem. I had to spent several days to troubleshoot and had essentially 3 issues

• nVidia driver corrupts opencl.dll
    • BIOS update
    • Disable CS State
    One thing worth note. I have 2x8 GB Patriot RAM. In BIOS, I've enabled AMP. According the manufacturer spec and CPU-Z, CAS under AMP is 10. However, CPU-Z showed the actual CAS is 9. I did notice this until the system became stable. Since memtest86+
    passed overnight, I did not slow the RAM down.

I started with a Radeon video card. It had many crashes. I blamed it on the lack of updated video driver (AMD abandoned the old cards) and switched to nVidia. I did not go back to test this with Radeon card.

redhonker, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 video drivers for switchable AMD video cards

Hi Doug,

Thank you for replying. We apologize for the delay in response.

Method 1: I suggest you to uninstall the graphics card driver from
    device manager manually by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X, and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter option.
    • Right click on the graphics card driver and select Uninstall option.
    • Restart the computer to reinstall the driver automatically and check if the changes is effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, update the graphics card driver from
    device manager manually by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter option.
    • Right click on the graphics display driver and select Update
      option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes is effective.

Refer to the link below on similar issue and check if it helps.

Code 43 errors in Device Manager for AMD graphics drivers

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

HDMI driver not showing up after installing the AMD video card drivers on my MSI motherboard

AMD Driver

There can be problems with drivers or with hardware.

Is the computer having unexpected shutdowns or restarts?

Or are there bsod?

Open msinfo32 > click on display > view the AMD driver number

The best source for drivers are the computer or motherboard manufacturer's website.

These are the best tested drivers for the computer.

If a driver is not displayed on the computer or motherboard manufacturer's website the next best source is the component manufacturer (Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Killer Networks, Realtek, etc.)

Websites that screen for drivers can install unknown files.

These are methods to uninstall and reinstall AMD drivers:

1) Uninstall everything AMD using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the computer/motherboard manufacturer or the AMD website.

2) On the AMD web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver.

Wagnardsoft

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.2 (or newer version if available)

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://support.amd.com/en-us

If problems persist after replacing the driver (different versions) then if possible consider swapping the GPU card.

Make two tests:

Test the problematic card in another computer.

Test a new card in the problematic computer.

Tenforo, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

HDMI driver not showing up after installing the AMD video card drivers on my MSI motherboard

1. HDMI driver not showing up after installing the AMD video card drivers on my MSI motherboard - Similar Threads - HDMI driver showing

2. Fix MSI motherboard drivers not installing on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MSI motherboard drivers not installing on Windows computer: [ATTACH]A motherboard is the main circuit board in a computer that acts as a backbone. It holds many essential components of a computer, like CPU, RAM, etc., and establishes a connection among them. A motherboard driver is a software that establishes a connection between the...
  3. PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver: Hello Guys! Good day! Hope someone can help me. So today sadly my pc froze unexpectedly and I don't know why. This occurred when I finished printing something. I left my pc on probably 10 minutes and when I came back it just froze. So normally I thought its just a glitch...
  4. Video TDR failure after graphics card driver installation

Video TDR failure after graphics card driver installation: I built my first PC recently, and while installing my graphics card drivers, my PC went into a blue screen showing video tdr failure. I then went into system restore and tried again, but everytime i install my drivers it goes back to this. This also happened with my old gpu...
  5. My Screen's display HDMI is inverted after updating AMD drivers.

My Screen's display HDMI is inverted after updating AMD drivers.: I Updated my AMD drivers, then the colors just inverted in most FULL SCREEN apps. not all just some, things like Among Us And Call Of Duty. But Why?...
  6. Realtek HD Audio Drivers missing after installing driver update for AMD Graphics Card

Realtek HD Audio Drivers missing after installing driver update for AMD Graphics Card: Not sure if this is the right place for this but I'm desperate so here goes, I recently installed some new drivers for my graphics card, but after doing so, my audio completely stopped working. Following a guide found online, I went into the the device manager and noticed...
  7. installing video card drivers crashes pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing video card drivers crashes pc: after fixing win10 update, I had to do a clean reinstall, my pc worked for awhile then crashed. I replaced what I assumed was a bad hard drive and reinstalled windows updated everything but could not install video card drivers. Video card is a AMD Radeon R9 200 series. In...
  8. Installing AMD Drivers....

Installing AMD Drivers....: edit: alwrite so Windows detected my GPU drivers properly, and the main reason I wanted to install AMD's drivers was for CCC so I can enable overscan. Did that by going to the the Apps folder, and the CCC2 folder, and the "core" folder inside to get CCC. It seems compadible...
  9. MSI video card place all sound drivers with its own

MSI video card place all sound drivers with its own: my newly installed MSI and Nvidia GeForce GT 710 video card apparently had sound drivers on its installation disk. The sound drivers were installed. All other sound drivers disappeared. All sound for my PC has been diverted to my HDTV speakers. My HD television is my second...
  10. Black screen when installing AMD video drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen when installing AMD video drivers: I have a new i5 system with a fresh install of Windows 10x64 and a good old AMD 7870 graphics card. I have been using AMD Crimson drivers 16.3.2 for Win10x64. No overclocking. The system has worked flawlessly the last six weeks. A couple of days ago I had my first crash, when...