Windows 10: HDMI Has power, no signal

Discus and support HDMI Has power, no signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Okay, so let me start off with me being new to the whole forum thing. I got two broken graphic cards (GTX 960 and a RX 380). I had a broken hdmi cable,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ltfig, Feb 15, 2019.

1. ltfig Win User

HDMI Has power, no signal

Okay, so let me start off with me being new to the whole forum thing. I got two broken graphic cards (GTX 960 and a RX 380). I had a broken hdmi cable, cut the broken end off, attached the red and white wire to an led (to light up when receiving power). I tested both graphic cards and it lights up, so the hdmi port is getting power but no signal. Is there a way test if it's getting a signal via the rgb wires within the hdmi, or would the graphics chip be bad?

ltfig, Feb 15, 2019
  2. bha19 Win User

no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Feb 15, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    display port to hdmi no signal

Do you have the latest drivers installed for the graphics card?

If new drivers or reloading graphics card drivers doesn't fix it, the next thing I would suggest is to try the display port to HDMI adapter a couple of us have suggested already with a regular HDMI cable. If your cable is bad or you just need an adapter because for some reason a straight cable won't work - spending $20 on the adapter is a lot cheaper than new graphics card. I just installed my GTX 970 card a week ago and I had plenty of HDMI cables so that is why I went with the adapter instead of buying a new display port to hdmi cable.

NavyLCDR, Feb 15, 2019
  4. awd_ Win User

xbox 360 splitting video signal

Hello,

I just happened to come over your post.

Could you please tell us exactly where you don't get any signal? Both the screen and the computer (via capture device)?

Have you tried the following?
    • Make sure you get a signal to the screen when using an HDMI cable directly from the Xbox 360 to the screen. Please make sure all cables work.
    • Make sure you get a signal to the capture card with the same cables.
    If you get a signal on the screen but not on the computer, could you please try the following?
    • Set the Xbox 360 to output at 720p. The frame rate will (or should) be 59.94.
    • If possible, make sure you capture the video with the same settings on the computer.
    • Try any other settings if this does not work.
    If it still does not work, please try this in the same order:
    • Power off computer (and capture device) and Xbox 360.
    • Power on computer (and capture device) and wait until the capture device is properly powered on and initialized.
    • Power on the Xbox 360.
    • Make sure you can capture properly.
    If it still does not work, make sure that one or more of the following are not defective:
    • The HDMI-VGA/composite adapter.
    • The VGA cable.
    • The capture device (could be just the input connector).
    If that works, please install the HDMI splitter.

I am wondering a bit why you show us the wires inside the HDMI cable. Did you remove the isolation and/or do something with the wires?

I am not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

Could you please tell me/us the model of your capture device, and also the adapter between the HDMI cable and capture device?

Regards,
    awd_

Thema:

1. HDMI Has power, no signal - Similar Threads - HDMI Has power

2. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  3. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  4. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDMI Signal Not Detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI Signal Not Detected: My monitor goes black when I play now most games and recently sometimes it goes off during Zoom meetings. I can hear the audio, but can't get a picture back. The only way to get video again is to reboot which is a serious hassle most of the time The message I get is no HDMI...
  6. HDMI devices receive no signal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDMI devices receive no signal: Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused. Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it...
  7. No HDMI signal?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI signal?: This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on...
  8. No HDMI signal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No HDMI signal?: This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on...
  9. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal: Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck. Suggestions welcome....
  10. no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    no HDMI signal: I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still...