Windows 10: HDMI /Headphone echo

Discus and support HDMI /Headphone echo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; G'day From Central Australia back again. Only talk to you when I need help Ha! I connected my new Acer EB321HQU monitor to my pc via HDMI rather than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Greg Holmes, Feb 23, 2021.

1. HDMI /Headphone echo

G'day From Central Australia back again. Only talk to you when I need help Ha! I connected my new Acer EB321HQU monitor to my pc via HDMI rather than VGA Cos new monitor does not have VGA. At first I had sound but no voice. Now I have echo and slight distortion in my headphone. How do I rectify please? Sorry windows 10 20h2

:)

Greg Holmes, Feb 23, 2021

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 23, 2021
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Feb 23, 2021
  4. HDMI /Headphone echo

With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the head phone doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the headphone?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    3. How is the headphone connected to the PC?
    4. When you say ‘I've reset multiple times’, are you referring to the Sound settings reset or the complete PC reset?

However, let us try these methods and check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to try the steps from this article to check if that makes any difference.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026994/windows-10-fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method B: To isolate the issue further, suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. On the Playback tab, select the headphone > right click and select properties > Go to advance tab and change the sample rate and test for the issue.
    2. Uncheck the option ‘Allow applications to take the exclusive control on this device’.
    3. Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

HDMI /Headphone echo

1. HDMI /Headphone echo - Similar Threads - HDMI Headphone echo

2. How to fix Echo in Headphones in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Echo in Headphones in Windows 10: So, you are not able to enjoy those soothing beats as your Headphone is echoing? In this article, we are going to show you how to fix Windows 10 Headphone Echo issues. Windows 10 Headphone Echo issue We are going to target both scenarios, when you are listening to an echo and...
  3. HDMI /Headphone echo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI /Headphone echo: G'day From Central Australia back again. Only talk to you when I need help Ha! I connected my new Acer EB321HQU monitor to my pc via HDMI rather than VGA Cos new monitor does not have VGA. At first I had sound but no voice. Now I have echo and slight distortion in my...
  4. My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop): I tried to join google meet in the new browser microsoft edge, whenever I talk it comes with an echo and has like an eerie sound. How do I fix it? It wasn’t like this before. I even tried my brother’s headphones mic that works fine on his pc but it still on echo when I...
  5. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  6. win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes

win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes: Whenever I play any audio on headphones, the sound is distorted and echoes. Specifically, instrumental music often echoes, as if the computer is simulating audio in a cave. Some instruments are also muted. Any voices are either muted, distorted like a bad connection on a...
  7. Audio Echoes Through Headphones

Audio Echoes Through Headphones: I have had this issue since I first got the Windows 10 update. My audio will have an echo to it when using headphones. I have solved it before by going into the properties of my audio device and turning off enhancements, but I am no longer to access that. I can get to the...
  8. With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad: my laptop is the Lenovo 520, with headphones my audio is horrible, its sounds echoy and it disregards the bass in music or the bg music in videos... its fine with out headphones, and I've tried multiple headphones but it sounds rubbish still? I've reset multiple times,...
  9. with headphones my audio counds echo and really bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    with headphones my audio counds echo and really bad: my laptop is the Lenovo 520, with headphones my audio is horrible, its sounds echoy and it disregards the bass in music or the bg music in videos... its fine with out headphones, and I've tried multiple headphones but it sounds rubbish still? I've reset multiple times,...
  10. I hear echo while using my headphones!!!

I hear echo while using my headphones!!!: This annoying echo shows up independently what website I am visiting. My computer is running Windows 10 1809 and headphones are Koss. Is there a method to fix this issue completely?...