Windows 10: HDMI is not connecting audio

Discus and support HDMI is not connecting audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamMollenkamp, Aug 12, 2020.

1. HDMI is not connecting audio

Hello,

When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the external device. This happens on every device, regardless of cord or receiver.

All of my audio driver say they are fully updated. The list is just Realtek Audio and my phone's handsfree. The HDMI is not available as a playback device for audio.

I am on an Inspiron running the latest Windows 10.

:)

WilliamMollenkamp, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Dacur Win User

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Aug 12, 2020
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI is not connecting audio

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

HDMI is not connecting audio

1. HDMI is not connecting audio - Similar Threads - HDMI connecting audio

2. HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI audio: This is complicated. I use my PC for music-making, and for entertainment. For the former I've got a Saffire firewire interface that connects to the amplifier via optical s/pdif. For the latter I use the motherboard's Realtek audio, also connected by an optical s/pdif. I am...
  3. HDMI not connecting audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI not connecting audio: Hello, When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the external device. This happens on every device, regardless of cord or receiver. All of my audio driver say they are fully...
  4. HDMI audio connectivity issues

HDMI audio connectivity issues: each time I connect my HP notebook to my Samsung series 6 TV via HDMI the video is properly displayed but the audio is produced by the computer and not the TV. Please help me I've tried to solve the problem for the passed week I contacted the virtual agent and the failed to...
  5. Audio output while connected with HDMI

Audio output while connected with HDMI: I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is that when HDMI is connected, the computer audio port is disabled. How do I enable it?...
  6. acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio: I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP!...
  7. HDMI and audio

HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  8. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...
  9. PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals: I know this type of question has been placed numerous times but I am facing something weird for which I dont have any clues. I have purchased a brand new PC and I am facing HDMI connection problem in that. My PC is not detecting my Samsung LCD TV, although the same is working...
  10. hdmi audio

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    hdmi audio: Now i cant get the audio to work i have the realtek audio drivers and the CCC audio drivers. I am using a radeon hd7700 gpu. 12205