Windows 10: Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

Discus and support Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Once again after a Windows update i have a problem.when i put hdmi lead in laptop my laptop goes black and defaults to the tv and have no way to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by S-AYLWARD, Sep 16, 2018.

1. S-AYLWARD Win User

Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

Once again after a Windows update i have a problem.when i put hdmi lead in laptop my laptop goes black and defaults to the tv and have no way to change it this problem only effects samsung tv have tried on another tv works fine looks like a rollback for me ,have updated intel display driver still have issue any suggestions before i rollback?

:)

S-AYLWARD, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Hdmi TV no signal

Thank you for the update and sorry for the delayed response. To isolate the issue, try connecting the cable to other ports or use a different HDMI cable and see if it will work. If not, try following these steps to check output settings and see if it will
    resolve the issue:

• On your desktop, right-click on a blank space and select Personalize.
    • Click System then select Display.
    • Check if you can see the TV as second monitor.
    • If not, click Windows key + P.
    • Select Duplicate.
    • If the duplicate option is not applicable, select Extend instead.
    • After that, repeat steps 1 to 3 again and see if the TV is now detected.

Get back to us with so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 16, 2018
  3. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

1. Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display - Similar Threads - Hdmi issue Samsung

2. How to resolve my HDMI port/Extended display issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve my HDMI port/Extended display issue?: I run Windows 11 on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop with Intel Xe graphics. I have an Acer full HD monitor connected through HDMI to my laptop. I have been having issues connecting my extended display for the last few days. Every morning when I get down for work, my monitor is not...
  3. How to resolve my HDMI port/Extended display issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve my HDMI port/Extended display issue?: I run Windows 11 on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop with Intel Xe graphics. I have an Acer full HD monitor connected through HDMI to my laptop. I have been having issues connecting my extended display for the last few days. Every morning when I get down for work, my monitor is not...
  4. extended display issues

extended display issues: I have a laptop and using a dock to extend to a 2nd and 3rd monitor. all monitors duplicate fine, but if i choose to extend, monitors 2 and 3 do extend, but they are duplicates of themselves. the computer settings seem to only recognize monitor 2 and 3 as one monitor....
  5. extended display issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    extended display issues: I have a laptop and using a dock to extend to a 2nd and 3rd monitor. all monitors duplicate fine, but if i choose to extend, monitors 2 and 3 do extend, but they are duplicates of themselves. the computer settings seem to only recognize monitor 2 and 3 as one monitor....
  6. Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV

Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV: I'm unable to duplicate my screen, extend my display, etc. from my desktop to my Samsung TV since I've upgraded to windows 11. I've done all the setups I've found on windows on how to do it. It still not allow it. All my systems and everything on my tv and computer are...
  7. Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV: I'm unable to duplicate my screen, extend my display, etc. from my desktop to my Samsung TV since I've upgraded to windows 11. I've done all the setups I've found on windows on how to do it. It still not allow it. All my systems and everything on my tv and computer are...
  8. Casting to a 4K Samsung smart TV, only get 1080p(extend display)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Casting to a 4K Samsung smart TV, only get 1080p(extend display): I tried to cast from my pc to my 4K TV through wifi, but it seemed to only show 1980x1080 screen, tried to change the screen setting to other resolution, but it won't show anything but my cursor if setting to other than 1080. is it default for samsung? im pretty sure my PC...
  9. TV Samsung pomocí HDMI -nepřehrává zvuk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Samsung pomocí HDMI -nepřehrává zvuk.: Potřebuji připojit k PC TV Samsung pomocí HDMI. Po připojení však TV nepřehrává zvuk. Informace uvádí, že tento typ TV nepodporuje PnP. Jak opravit ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-samsung-pomoc%C3%AD-hdmi/67689775-1def-46ec-a876-6e6e2eb12f87
  10. Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI: I have DELL laptop Vostro 5000 series. After windows 10 update (April 2018), my laptop cannot connect my Samsung TV with HDMI cable. when i roll back update, everything goes well. 1) cable is Ok. 2) my drivers are installed and all update. 3) I tried to change resolution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extended display in samsung TV

2. samsung monitor extend display hdmi

3. extend displays hdmi with tv resolution problem

4. hdmi extended display issues windows