Windows 10: HDMI keeps failing and requiring a computer restart to work again

Discus and support HDMI keeps failing and requiring a computer restart to work again in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a somewhat unique problem repeatedly occurring with my HDMI. I am running an Asus VivoBook S laptop with Windows 10 Home version 1909.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YouAndMeForevermore, Mar 31, 2020.

1. HDMI keeps failing and requiring a computer restart to work again

Hello, I have a somewhat unique problem repeatedly occurring with my HDMI. I am running an Asus VivoBook S laptop with Windows 10 Home version 1909. Processor is intel core i5 8th Gen if that matters. The primary function of the laptop is to watch TV through an HDMI cable connected to a TV. The problem I’ve been having for the last week and a half is it seems the HDMI connection is dying after a period of inactivity, and the only way to get it back working again is if I restart the laptop. Once it restarts it works perfectly fine again, until another period of inactivity. Googling the problem hasn’t resulted in any exact problems and solutions from others. What I have done is: - Check the HDMI cable and port for signs of damage. None detected. - Turn off the computer’s sleep and hibernate modes, as it seemed to be a trigger. Still happened after that. - Updated Windows to the latest version and checked the display driver. Everything up to date. - Hit Windows key + P and confirmed the display settings

I’m not an expert, but it seems to me the driver itself is failing or glitching, hence why it works after a restart, but I could be wrong. I’m wondering if an automatic Windows update could have caused the issue and maybe I need a rollback? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/YouAndMeForevermore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YouAndMeForevermore, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Mar 31, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Mar 31, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

HDMI keeps failing and requiring a computer restart to work again

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

HDMI keeps failing and requiring a computer restart to work again

1. HDMI keeps failing and requiring a computer restart to work again - Similar Threads - HDMI keeps failing

2. My Windows 10 is not installing it requires an restart again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 is not installing it requires an restart again and again: When installing windows 10 it requires an product key and when I put product key then it restart again and again from beginning what can I do plz help...
  3. My Windows 10 is not installing it requires an restart again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 is not installing it requires an restart again and again: When installing windows 10 it requires an product key and when I put product key then it restart again and again from beginning what can I do plz help...
  4. My Windows 10 is not installing it requires an restart again and again

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  6. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps restarting: Hello, I wiped my computer because I think it had some malware, but it keeps on restarting after I click an alert that is practically inescapable saying that my computer can’t install because it hit an error and the installation of windows can’t proceed. What should I do?...
  7. New HP laptop keeps restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New HP laptop keeps restarting again and again: I just got my HP laptop today so I charged it to full and set up my account and all. Then, I had downloaded all the updates and then had to restart it. But once I clicked the "restart now" it keeps showing the message "getting windows ready... don't turn off your computer"...
  8. Up BIOS update failed and computer keeps on restarting and cannot login but keep restarting...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Up BIOS update failed and computer keeps on restarting and cannot login but keep restarting...: My computer is wierd loook at the videoClick here to view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-bios-update-failed-and-computer-keeps-on/15b3317b-e50b-417e-92f0-d6cd0fe18a8f
  9. Computer freezes and requires restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes and requires restart: Sometimes, my computer freezes and requires a restart. For the past week or so, this has happened almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day. I have already scanned for viruses, but none were found. As far as I can tell, there is no common incident that causes this, it...
  10. Computer restarting again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting again and again: Hello, Today when i turned on my PC, i found a shocking and irritating problem in my PC. Firstly, it was not turning on, after i cleaned it, it turned on and booted and showed an error 'your device ran into a problem' and started repairing. After it repaired itself, it...