Windows 10: Hdmi - laptop - tv

Discus and support Hdmi - laptop - tv in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArthurFleck, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hdmi - laptop - tv

Hi
    I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop.
    Ram:4gb,
    Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz
    Graphic: Intel HD graphics

I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable.
    First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it opposite way: laptop first then tv, it tries to connect but it is unable. What happens is: I can clearly see it tries to connect, the display goes black (you can hear a sound if music plays for a sec too) for a second then goes back to "no signal" info and it loops in that state ( tries for a sec - no signal, tries - no signal ...) till I disconnect or turn the laptop off.There was no such a problem when Win7 was installed.
    Anyone knows the solution? I always turn on the tv first but sometimes it doesn't work this way either or I switch to hdmi2 output then go back to laptop hdmi output and need to reset it because the problem persists so I am looking for the way to fix it.
    Graphic driver is from 2012 and it says it is up to date.

:)

ArthurFleck, Oct 15, 2020
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Oct 15, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Hdmi - laptop - tv

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Hdmi - laptop - tv

1. Hdmi - laptop - tv - Similar Threads - Hdmi laptop

2. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  3. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  4. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...: i factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after the update the hdmi isnt working and i cant see the screen on my tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-laptop-that-has-a-broken-screen/4493b3f6-d835-4057-9675-ab3c8923de96
  6. I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...

I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...: i factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after the update the hdmi isnt working and i cant see the screen on my tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-laptop-that-has-a-broken-screen/4493b3f6-d835-4057-9675-ab3c8923de96
  7. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  8. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  9. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...