Windows 10: Hdmi - laptop - tv

Discus and support Hdmi - laptop - tv in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ArthurFleck, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Hdmi - laptop - tv

Hi
    I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop.
    Ram:4gb,
    Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz
    Graphic: Intel HD graphics

I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable.
    First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it opposite way: laptop first then tv, it tries to connect but it is unable. What happens is: I can clearly see it tries to connect, the display goes black (you can hear a sound if music plays for a sec too) for a second then goes back to "no signal" info and it loops in that state ( tries for a sec - no signal, tries - no signal ...) till I disconnect or turn the laptop off.There was no such a problem when Win7 was installed.
    Anyone knows the solution? I always turn on the tv first but sometimes it doesn't work this way either or I switch to hdmi2 output then go back to laptop hdmi output and need to reset it because the problem persists so I am looking for the way to fix it.
    Graphic driver is from 2012 and it says it is up to date.

:)

ArthurFleck, Oct 17, 2020
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Oct 17, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Hdmi - laptop - tv

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Hdmi - laptop - tv

1. Hdmi - laptop - tv - Similar Threads - Hdmi laptop

2. How to connect hdmi to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect hdmi to laptop: Hi I'm trying to connect my ps4 to my laptop with a hdmi but for some reason the computer isn't letting me connect it don't show that the hdmi is connected to it...
  3. How to connect hdmi to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect hdmi to laptop: Hi I'm trying to connect my ps4 to my laptop with a hdmi but for some reason the computer isn't letting me connect it don't show that the hdmi is connected to it...
  4. Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...: Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga Laptop:Yoga 920-13IKB Laptop ideapad - Type 80Y7Machine type model: 80Y70064USIntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80 GHzGPU IntelR UHD Graphics 620It has 2 USB-c thunderbolt ports. I have it running Windows 11. I bought a Anker hub to connect an-HDMI...
  5. Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...

Lenovo Yoga laptop monitor not connecting via Anker USB 3.0-HDMI hub + USB xHCI Compliant...: Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga Laptop:Yoga 920-13IKB Laptop ideapad - Type 80Y7Machine type model: 80Y70064USIntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80 GHzGPU IntelR UHD Graphics 620It has 2 USB-c thunderbolt ports. I have it running Windows 11. I bought a Anker hub to connect an-HDMI...
  6. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f
  7. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f
  8. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop: I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop, so I think there was a disconnection somehow, like it was shaking and ever since then, my system boots but displays nothing after booting...
  9. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop: I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop, so I think there was a disconnection somehow, like it was shaking and ever since then, my system boots but displays nothing after booting...
  10. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging