Windows 10: HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

Discus and support HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI Windows 10 Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VinceDebes, May 14, 2020.

1. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI

Windows 10

Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor speakers are no longer recognized and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I have tried restarting my computer and unplugging the monitor.

Thanks for your help!

:)

VinceDebes, May 14, 2020
  2. OmriSh Win User

HDMI Audio not recognized (In some cases)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it's seems like Windows 10 having issues with my LCD monitor.

I turn the computer
    on while the monitor is not set to the computer's HDMI input, then I switch the input to the computer's
    but Windows 10 does not recognize the HDMI Audio (but it recognize the screen, and showing the picture on the screen).

I came out with a temporary solution, I set the computer to Sleep mode, wake it up (with the monitor set on the computer's HDMI input), and only then the HDMI Audio working properly.

Any help would be appreciated HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized :)

OmriSh, May 14, 2020
  3. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

Thanks for the suggestions, Deepika. I have a Samsung SyncMaster HDTV monitor and a SHARP monitor. I'm trying to get audio on the Samsung HDTV. I'm not sure if you need an audio cable when connecting to the HDTV. Anyways, I kept it on the television. Either
    way, it doesn't work. I ran the troubleshooter, and there isn't any problems. I tested all the cables yesterday, and everything works as usual. How are the HDMI cables supposed to connect and work with video and audio? Is there a driver problem? I believe
    it might be because my monitor is in the DVI port, instead of an HDMI. This is why it's not detecting on the sounds/playback devices. Plugging an audio cable in the secondary monitor with VGA works, but using an HDMI for the television does not. Using VGA
    for the television does work with audio. Not sure what the problem is, or if I have to plug the audio cable in the HDTV at all. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE: Figured out the problem, testing. The HDMI cable although supports audio and video, the DVI connector
    does not. Because of this, the computer detects it as a DVI connection. It instead uses the regular audio cable. The television, however, does not. It detects HDMI first, and uses that as as the audio. Since there is no coming through the DVI
    connector and instead coming through the audio cable, it won't play anything. This can be half solved by changing the source device (source>edit name) on the Samsung television to HDMI DVI. This, however, does not fix it, as sound still doesn't come out. The
    computer still has to be changed to be able to play audio properly. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

ThomasChen_395, May 14, 2020
  4. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

This is complicated. I started out having a simple television monitor, connected to a VGA cable to my computer. Recently, I decided to have dual monitors. I got an HDMI cable and a HDMI to DVI converter because my computer doesn't have a HDMI port. After
    plugging everything in, setting up, I had two monitors: the television, and a secondary screen. Putting audio through right from the pc works, or simply plugging earphones into the audio jack on the computer. The television, however, does not play sound anymore.
    I updated, disabled, did everything for the drivers. Didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if I should still connect the audio cable from the television to the back of the computer, since HDMI cables support both audio and video. When I right click playback devices,
    and check disabled and disconnected devices, HDMI does not show up at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need an audio cable, or is the HDMI cable enough?

I'm currently using the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on an HP Pavilion Desktop Computer.

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated!

ThomasChen_395, May 14, 2020
Thema:

HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

1. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized - Similar Threads - HDMI monitor audio

2. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback: Hi, I've been using two monitors for the past couple months with my PC, both are the same brand/model with speakers included. One is connected via display port, and the other is connected via HDMI.I've been able to change the playback back and forth between the monitors...
  3. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback: Hi, I've been using two monitors for the past couple months with my PC, both are the same brand/model with speakers included. One is connected via display port, and the other is connected via HDMI.I've been able to change the playback back and forth between the monitors...
  4. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI audio out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio out: Windows 11I am currently using an HDMI adapter to connect my soundbar optical in and laptop HDMI out. My soundbar does not have a HDMI port so that's why. It has been working fine for 2 years with HDMI Audio. This HDMI adapter has an additional adapter HDMI port for...
  6. HDMI audio out

HDMI audio out: Windows 11I am currently using an HDMI adapter to connect my soundbar optical in and laptop HDMI out. My soundbar does not have a HDMI port so that's why. It has been working fine for 2 years with HDMI Audio. This HDMI adapter has an additional adapter HDMI port for...
  7. Monitor audio not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor audio not recognized: Hi everyone, my pc has always worked good but from a day to another my speakers connected to the monitor have stopped working. I Initially thought that they were broken so i tried them on ps4 still connected to the monitor and they perfectly worked. I cannot see anyomore in...
  8. Monitor audio not recognized

Monitor audio not recognized: Hi everyone, my pc has always worked good but from a day to another my speakers connected to the monitor have stopped working. I Initially thought that they were broken so i tried them on ps4 still connected to the monitor and they perfectly worked. I cannot see anyomore in...
  9. Audio No Longer Recognized

Audio No Longer Recognized: As of the recent Microsoft 2020 update my computer no longer recognizes any sound output devices that I can tell. I have checked for updates for the drivers and all say they are up to date. The only one indicating any issue is the Intel SmartSound Technology OED with an error...
  10. HDMI to monitor no longer responding

HDMI to monitor no longer responding: I've got a generic 22-inch Dynex monitor hooked up to my Dell desktop running Win10. It has been a bit fussy connecting through the desktop's HDMI jack in the past, but it's been fine for more than a year ... until the 12/12 Win10 update. Suddenly I'm getting "no signal" on...