Windows 10: HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

Discus and support HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Avatar of Ram, Nov 5, 2019.

1. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in again it stopped working. I have tried everything from checking hardware to updating my bios and everything in between (installed newest driver from manufacturer site, windows button p, settings menu, unplugging computer for a set time, fresh install on windows 10 without updates). If I boot the computer with only the second HDMI monitor connected the bios will pick it up but when Windows takes over it loses it's connection. My primary is connected through Display Port. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

:)

2. Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

Hi Parallax,

Thank you for your response.

We’d like to get more information regarding this issue.

1. Are you trying to connect for the first time?
    2. If not, has it worked before?

It seems that the monitor/TV which you are trying to connect does not have setting to change input mode. Kindly refer to suggestion provided by 'Sandeep
    Ghatuary
    ' dated July 1st 2011 HDMI - connect desktop computer
    to monitor

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Nov 5, 2019
  4. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

1. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDMI monitor loses

2. Windows 10 Losing Connection To Monitor Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Losing Connection To Monitor Speakers: Hi, I'm having problems with my audio on my W10 desktop. For playing audio, I switch between playing through my bluetooth headphones for work and my monitor speakers for everything else. When I'm finished with work I switch audio back to the monitor speakers.Over the last...
  3. Windows 10 Losing Connection To Monitor Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Losing Connection To Monitor Speakers: Hi, I'm having problems with my audio on my W10 desktop. For playing audio, I switch between playing through my bluetooth headphones for work and my monitor speakers for everything else. When I'm finished with work I switch audio back to the monitor speakers.Over the last...
  4. Windows 10 Losing Connection To Monitor Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  6. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  7. no HDMI connection to monitor

no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  8. losing HDMI audio

losing HDMI audio: Hi, On my Intel NUC with i3-4010U, using Windows 10 Education 1090, build 18363.720 The only way I can get audio over HDMI: - remove the IntelR Display Audio driver which provides audio to my Philips TV Date 18-mar-2019, version 10.0.18362.1 and also with some older...
  9. pc loses connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    pc loses connection to monitor: so i didnt have this problem before and all the sudden yesterday my pc loses connetion with my monitor pc still on and sounding normal no overheating what so ever i can still hear music and stuff and it only happends when i play games and edit videos yesterday i lost like so...
  10. HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10

HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10: Sorry in advance for the length description of my issue... I have a relatively new HP laptop running windows 10 (the device manager shows only an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605 display adapter) . Up to a few days ago, I had no problem connecting an external monitor to the one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 loses my display monitor in devices

2. windows 10 pc starts to load and the output suddenly loses signal

3. pc loses hdmi connection at windows log in

4. HDMI MONITOR LOSES CONNECTION WITH COMPUTER