Windows 10: HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10

Discus and support HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I too woke up this morning with my display non-functioning. I had shut off the monitor before retiring for the night but left the computer on to finish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllenDeSart, Sep 13, 2018.

1. HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10

I too woke up this morning with my display non-functioning. I had shut off the monitor before retiring for the night but left the computer on to finish some work by itself. Some time after the computer finished its work the Windows 10 update came in and rebooted the computer after completing the update. The monitor was off of course and when I turned my monitor back on this morning I had no response and communications from the computer via the HDMI port to the monitor. After reading the many reports in this forum I switched to the VGA port to regain use of the system and then rebooted with the HDMI activated and everything came up fine with my preferred HDMI port working. Thanks to whomever suggested re-booting as a fix to the issue.

:)

AllenDeSart, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

HDMI cannot be decteted by monitor via 1079 update

We appreciate the information you provided.

Given the troubleshooting steps you've already tried, we can see that this seems to be a compatibility issue with using HDMI to connect a monitor when using Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. We can definitely see the appeal in being able to connect your monitor
    through HDMI. We suggest posting this issue using Feedback Hub where our developers can look at user requests and feedbacks and consider implenting them in future updates. You can find the steps for submitting an item in Feedback Hub

here

Let us know if you have any other concerns about using your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Minduse Win User
    HDMI no output after update to FullHD monitors

Hello

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • GPU : 912-V308-001 (or) R9 290X GAMING 4G
    • Desktop mid tower
    • Operating System Windows 10 64bit Update 1709
    • Video Driver version installed AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Drivers
    • Display Devices that does not work with HDMI :
      • BenQ - GL2450HM 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC M2470SWH 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • Philips 243V7QDAB/00 24'' 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC - G2460VQ6 24.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (currently using with Display port, does not work with HDMI)
        • The HDMI port works with 4k tv so I know it is functional.
    • Motherboard Asus - SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 ATX LGA1150 BIOS Version 2702
    • CPU Core i5-4690K
    • Power Supply Unit Corsair - Builder 750W CX750 or CP-9020015-EU
    • RAM 16GB
    Issue:

• One morning after regular updates my graphics card stopped sending signals to HDMI monitors that are bellow the resolution of 4k. The monitors, just shows no signal, when you uninstall the drivers sometimes, like once in 4 times it will catch
      the monitor, but if you restart the PC you will again get no signal. The monitors works perfectly with my laptop on HDMI. 3 Of the monitors are fresh from the box. The HDMI port works perfectly with my 4k TV. Tried switching 7 HDMI cables total. Reinstalled
      windows twice, video drivers several times. Currently using a display port for one of the monitors.

Minduse, Sep 13, 2018
  4. HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10

HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10

1. HDMI monitor not comunicating with computer after update for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDMI monitor comunicating

2. After Update für Windows 11 Laptop HDMI Monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update für Windows 11 Laptop HDMI Monitor no signal: Laptop Dell Precission 5470After 2023-01 Update für Windows 11 Version 22H2 für x64-basierte Systeme KB4023057Windows shows that I am connected to a second screen, HDMI but monitor shows NO SIGNAL.Happened on 2 different laptops....
  3. External HDMI monitor not detected after latest WIndows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDMI monitor not detected after latest WIndows 11 updates: Hi, After installing Windows updates on my Windows 11 powered ASUS ROG laptop, I cannot connect to any external HDMI monitors, nor are they detected from the 'Displays' menu in Windows. I can attest that there is no chance that this is a hardware issue, as the laptop is...
  4. External HDMI monitor not detected after latest WIndows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDMI monitor not detected after latest WIndows 11 updates: Hi, After installing Windows updates on my Windows 11 powered ASUS ROG laptop, I cannot connect to any external HDMI monitors, nor are they detected from the 'Displays' menu in Windows. I can attest that there is no chance that this is a hardware issue, as the laptop is...
  5. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  6. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  7. HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Installed on both my computers last night::: KB4570723 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903, Windows Server 1903 RTM, Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909 Now, my monitors connected via HDMI will not...
  8. Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update: Hi! A few days ago my monitor suddenly wasn't connecting to my laptop anymore via HDMI. I had updated windows the night before and when i woke up the monitor wasn't connected anymore, it just said "no signal". The monitor itself seems to be working good, and the display as...
  9. Windows 10 clean install on computer with HDMI monitor only. At start the monitor don't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install on computer with HDMI monitor only. At start the monitor don't...: Hello, Happy New Year! I've bought an ASUS I7, nVidia 1070, 32G, 512G SDD computer without OS. I also bought a (genuine) Windows 10 Pro CD, for OEM install on this computer. And an LG monitor, WITH ONLY HDMI connections (2xHDMI) When starting the PC I have no signal on the...
  10. Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors: Running windows 10. I have a new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro Laptop that has Thunderbolt, Mini-Display, and HDMI outputs. I have two monitors that are HDMI. THey are detected if I use the thunderbolt and Mini-display but not through the HDMI. I have tried multiple HDMI cables that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1070 hdmi not working after windows reinstall