Windows 10: HDMI Monitor Sceptre 27" does not connect to Windows 10 Thinkpad T460

Discus and support HDMI Monitor Sceptre 27" does not connect to Windows 10 Thinkpad T460 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My monitor is not being recognized by my laptop and does not work when I plug it in. The monitor does work when I plug it into another computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Redtayls, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Redtayls Win User

HDMI Monitor Sceptre 27" does not connect to Windows 10 Thinkpad T460

My monitor is not being recognized by my laptop and does not work when I plug it in. The monitor does work when I plug it into another computer Macbook, so I figure this is a software issue. I have done several updates etc. but my thinkpad still does not recognized the monitor. help!

:)

Redtayls, Sep 19, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Sceptre Unveils X270W 27-inch HD LCD Monitor

Sceptre, world class manufacturers of high-quality TV and PC monitors, has just released its 27-inchtrue 1080p LCD widescreen PC monitors featuring industry-impressive 60,000:1 contrast ratios and ultra-fast 2 ms response times for a morerealistic and advanced PC gaming experience.

“In the crowded LCD display space, the jaw-dropping performance and stylish design of our monitors are second to none,” said Cathy Chou, vice president of operations, Sceptre. “Specifically designed for the PC gaming community, the unparalleled quality of our high-def monitors creates a more life-like gaming experience that is a cut above the rest. Plus,its energy saving attributes make gamers feel better about indulging in their favorite pastime.”

HDMI Monitor Sceptre 27" does not connect to Windows 10 Thinkpad T460 53a_thm.jpg

Perfect for the PC game enthusiast,these wide screen ultra high-resolution monitors keep action crisp and clear to maximize visual stimulation and offer users a top-of-the-line gaming experience – without sacrificing sleek stylish appeal and eco-conscious design. PC enthusiasts can game green with these Energy Star 5.0 complied monitors, which reduce unnecessary energy usage to increase environmental sustainability and prolong monitor life.

Product Specifications:
    • Contrast ratio 1000:1 (Native) / 60,000:1 (DCR)
    • Response Time 2 ms (OD)
    • Aspect Ratio 16:9 Wide Screen
    • Resolution 1920 x 1080
    • Energy Star 5.0 complied
    • Brightness 400 cd/m2
    • 16.7 million colors
    • 50,000 hours lamp life
    • Viewing angle: 170° (horizontal) 160° (vertical)
    • Connections port: VGA, DVI, HDMI, Audio In
    • Built-in speakers: 3 watts per Channel
    These sleek 27-inch LCD PC monitors are available for $399 MSRP at Costco and NewEgg.com.

btarunr, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Zig2Zag Win User
    HDMI Monitor not working correctly

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10, all updates. I bought a Sceptre F27 monitor that connects with HDMI. When I plug in the monitor, the system adds the monitor under Device Manage using Generic PnP Monitor, which *should* work because there are no manufacturer
    drivers for this monitor. However, the monitor states it has no signal and goes to sleep. When I attempt to change my laptop to use a second monitor, through f8 or Windows+p or Display settings, it doesn't save the change. When I try to manually detect the
    monitor, it says it cannot detect a new monitor.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Generic PnP driver, but since it already uses that driver for the laptop attached monitor I'm not sure it's updating.

There are no Windows Updates errors. The HDMI cable is new. The external monitor is new.

Zig2Zag, Sep 19, 2020
  4. HDMI Monitor Sceptre 27" does not connect to Windows 10 Thinkpad T460

Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

Hi Parallax,

Thank you for your response.

We’d like to get more information regarding this issue.

1. Are you trying to connect for the first time?
    2. If not, has it worked before?

It seems that the monitor/TV which you are trying to connect does not have setting to change input mode. Kindly refer to suggestion provided by 'Sandeep
    Ghatuary
    ' dated July 1st 2011 HDMI - connect desktop computer
    to monitor

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Monitor Sceptre 27" does not connect to Windows 10 Thinkpad T460

1. HDMI Monitor Sceptre 27" does not connect to Windows 10 Thinkpad T460 - Similar Threads - HDMI Monitor Sceptre

2. HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI Connected Monitor Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Installed on both my computers last night::: KB4570723 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903, Windows Server 1903 RTM, Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909 Now, my monitors connected via HDMI will not...
  3. Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI: I can't find the solution, computer have latest window 10 updates, latest drivers and firmware and still does blue screens all the time. This is the latest dump file from just moments ago https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obfgvu0vddc88tr/AAAVYuJjytBXF7EdfziQ7L5qa?dl=0 Is a...
  4. No sound from HDMI connected monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound from HDMI connected monitor: The sound quit working on my HDMI connected monitor. It says headphone or speaker unplugged. I'm pretty sure some update caused it. I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop....
  5. HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10: Sorry in advance for the length description of my issue... I have a relatively new HP laptop running windows 10 (the device manager shows only an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605 display adapter) . Up to a few days ago, I had no problem connecting an external monitor to the one...
  6. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10: I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in again it stopped working. I have tried everything from checking hardware to updating my bios and everything in between...
  7. Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor

Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor: I have a HP Spectre x360. This laptop doesn't have a HDMI port. Instead I use a USB-C to HDMI/VGA adapter. No issues until the recent 1903 Feature Update. After this update, my laptop will not recognise the monitor that is connected. I have troubleshooted in the following...
  8. acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio: I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP!...
  9. Connecting Laptop and a PS4 to a monitor with 1 HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting Laptop and a PS4 to a monitor with 1 HDMI connection: Hello, So I have a simple monitor that only have 1 HDMI connection. I tried connecting my PS4 (console) and my Laptop which is a Macbook Pro 2017 (USB-C connection) with an HDMI Splitter ( https://www.google.co.il/search?saf....gws-wiz-img.gLnG3vWhxUw#imgrc=E1cxSTYwevpv1M: )...
  10. LG 27" monitor with HDMI & windows 10 = headache inducing blurry text!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    LG 27" monitor with HDMI & windows 10 = headache inducing blurry text!: Look at how AWFUL windows 10 fonts and text are...I have tried so many solutions that I've read about online but NOTHING has worked! I'm wondering if either windows 10 fonts will not render correctly with this monitor model or windows 10 cannot deal with the higher resolution...