Windows 10: HDMI Monitor turns off after boot

Discus and support HDMI Monitor turns off after boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HDMI is fine, until windows loads. Then it shuts off and we have to reboot it again to get it to stay on. I've tried 2 monitors and I've updated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherButler1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. HDMI Monitor turns off after boot

My HDMI is fine, until windows loads. Then it shuts off and we have to reboot it again to get it to stay on. I've tried 2 monitors and I've updated the drivers, so I'm not sure whats happening here.

:)

ChristopherButler1, Sep 19, 2019

2. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 19, 2019
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Sep 19, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

HDMI Monitor turns off after boot

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

HDMI Monitor turns off after boot

1. HDMI Monitor turns off after boot - Similar Threads - HDMI Monitor turns

2. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off after boot: I built a gaming pc about 2 years ago and it’s worked great. In the last week or so, I’ve had this issue where it shuts down on its own. Not through windows but it completely powers off, instantly. When I turn it back on, it usually acts as if nothing happens but sometimes I...
  3. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  4. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  5. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor: I have a Samsung External Monitor connected via HDMI to a brand new HP ZBook 15. When you lock the screen WIndows 10 just shows the locked screen photo of New Zealand. It does not BLANK the screen after a certain amount of time. Left it on all night. Why not? Solution:...
  7. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  9. Monitor turns off after boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after boot!: I think I' ve screwed something :-( I've installed the latest insider on my desktop as it works fine on the netbook, and now the screen turns off after the boot screen, the computer doesn't hang and seems to show signs of working (HDD light flashing). The video card is OK....
  10. Screen turns off on boot-up after changing display settings for HDMI

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off on boot-up after changing display settings for HDMI: I was trying to connect my laptop (running Windows 10) to a screen via HDMI. The problem was that i couldn't get it to run regardless of the settings i chose in the display options. I must have chosen the "show only on" option for the screen i thought was the HDMI output...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi shuts off after booting into windows