Windows 10: HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

Discus and support HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am developing a multiple monitor system. My computer has a single HDMI port so I will need to purchase a splitter of some sorts. I have become lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mikeincousa, Oct 4, 2020.

1. HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

I am developing a multiple monitor system. My computer has a single HDMI port so I will need to purchase a splitter of some sorts. I have become lost in all the jargon, technical specifications, and the wide range of prices.

Here is my rough outline: one to three additional monitors with each having the capability of independent rotation between Portrait and Landscape; independent zoom; maximum resolution for fine print text; and last but not least, I wish to place independent content on each, not just replicate the content on one multiple times.

Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.

:)

mikeincousa, Oct 4, 2020

2. HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

I am developing a multiple monitor system. My computer has a single HDMI port so I will need to purchase a splitter of some sorts. I have become lost in all the jargon, technical specifications, and the wide range of prices.

Here is my rough outline: one to three additional monitors with each having the capability of independent rotation between Portrait and Landscape; independent zoom; maximum resolution for fine print text; and last but not least, I wish to place independent content on each, not just replicate the content on one multiple times.

Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.

mikeincousa, Oct 4, 2020
  3. HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

1. Do you want to have multiple monitors displaying different desktops?
    2. Or do you want all the monitors to display the same desktop?

If you have only one HDMI port then you can accomplish item 2, but not item.

Are you sure you have an HDMI port and not a Display Port?
    Can you provide the make and model of your computer?

margrave55, Oct 4, 2020
  4. HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

Right now I have two monitors an HP and one that I picked up at Walmart reently. Both have HDMI ports. I can only use one at a time through HDMI. That is what started me on this track.

I think the HP has a separate Display Port but I will need to look it is important. The Walmart monitor only has the HDMI port. Both have VGA ports.

I am guessing that what I want to do is display facets of one Desktop from one computer. Example say two versions of a word-processing document, with maybe the news on a third, or a stock trading program with multiple pages within a platform.

I would like to to add at least one if not two more monitors.

Here the data you asked for. HP VH240a 23.8-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor with Built-in Speakers and VESA Mounting, Rotating Portrait & Landscape, Tilt, and HDMI & VGA Ports (1KL30AA) - Black

Walmart Monitor Onn. VGA HDMI 60hz FHD Slim Design Monitor, 1080p, 24"

HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0xx DESKTOP-H92FAF8 x64-based PC

By "Desktop" I take you are meaning one instance of Window 10? As opposed to two desktops one for Windows and one for Linux, for example?

mikeincousa, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

1. HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation - Similar Threads - HDMI Multiple Monitors

2. Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher: I would like to use my 4x1 HDMI switch with my laptop and my Nintendo Switch into an external monitor. With my wiring as it currently stands, My laptop screen is extended to the external monitor while my Nintendo Switch is not in use. When I use the HDMI switch to play on my...
  3. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  4. HDMI to monitor

HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  5. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  6. HDMI not detecting monitor

HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  7. no HDMI connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  8. HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI Multiple Monitors Vexation: I am developing a multiple monitor system. My computer has a single HDMI port so I will need to purchase a splitter of some sorts. I have become lost in all the jargon, technical specifications, and the wide range of prices. Here is my rough outline: one to three...
  9. DIr Vexation / Alternates?

in Windows 10 Support
    DIr Vexation / Alternates?: I want output all of the files in my document tree by Date Created, and have them format into a tight list in ascending chronological order The dir B switch gives me a nice tight list but I have not been able to figure out how to put it in oldest to newest order. Examples...
  10. Monitor HDMI's not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor HDMI's not working: I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it's not. My grandma has a 50" 1080P LG flatscreen TV that's just a few years old, and a year or two back the HDMI's stopped working so she's just been using the three input adapter (not sure what it's called. Green,...