Windows 10: HDMI - No Audio - SOLVED

Discus and support HDMI - No Audio - SOLVED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier threads on the topic of "HDMI - No Audio" are a bit old so I thought it may help some folks if I offered the solution which worked for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanCPurdie, Jan 11, 2016.

1. HDMI - No Audio - SOLVED

Earlier threads on the topic of "HDMI - No Audio" are a bit old so I thought it may help some folks if I offered the solution which worked for me today. This is a custom built PC using Intel HD4000 graphics in my i3-3225 CPU.

I had previously restored HDMI after a Windows 10 Refresh/Update - a whole different story. A few days back I wanted to run a short .mp4 clip from the PC on the Digital TV via HDMI. It ran just fine, except there was no audio. Intel and other forums, including this one have masses of similar complaints after updates. This worked for me...

1. I downloaded [again] from Intel the file: win64_153338.exe

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...it-3rd-Gen-BYT-

2. I closed all programs running and then run the above download.

3. This time I ignored the warning that my existing drivers were newer ones,
    and proceeded. It then asked if I wanted to run WinSat [Windows System
    Assessment Tool]. I kept that option and had Intel reboot.

During restart I saw WinSAT running in command line mode for a brief period,
    then normal desktop. I ran an Eurythmics video clip, worked fine on the
    TV. I ran it again using headphones on the PC, OK there as well.

PROBLEM SOLVED

The stranger than fiction bit? A couple of unrelated niggling problems in
    FF 43.04 disappeared also. Why? I dunno, maybe the WinSAT running or whatever.

I'll just accept the gift.

:)

IanCPurdie, Jan 11, 2016
  2. ricopedro Win User

HDMI audio output problem

So, finally, no one in the English Microsoft Community (
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-hdmi-audio-output/7b5b4084-5e0e-4c52-befb-1564ca2fe57e
    ) and no one in the German Microsoft Community (

https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/kein-ton-%C3%BCber-hdmi-kabel-des-monitors-ton-nur/95f75d64-7d50-4b31-a469-6326fd65044e
    ) is able to solve my HDMI audio output problem, which I once
    have been able to solve, but which I cannot solve anymore. The following words sum up the problem: ”I need Realtek HDMI Output instead of Realtek Digital Output in the device manager, but it is just not there. How do I get Realtek HDMI Output in the device
    manager?”

ricopedro, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge interferes with HDMI audio

I stream TV using a browser and connect to TV via HDMI output. Some resent update eliminated the HDMI audio from the output signal. There was no change in the audio driver and the HDMI audio controls seem unaffected but there is no audio output.

To check on whether it is a Microsoft Edge problem I downloaded and installed the Chrome broswer. The HDMI audio works well streaming under Chrome but not Microsoft Edge.

Is there a fix or workaround for HDMI audio under the latest version of Microsoft Edge?

This is very problematic for videostreaming. Thanks

Magicsteveb, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

HDMI - No Audio - SOLVED

1. HDMI - No Audio - SOLVED - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio SOLVED

2. no audio hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio hdmi: 2 monitors and 1 tv connected. the TV does not show up in audio devices and does not give any sound. the TV is extended as the 3rd screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-hdmi/62326217-4260-41bd-bf80-ae121c619ac0
  3. no audio hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio hdmi: 2 monitors and 1 tv connected. the TV does not show up in audio devices and does not give any sound. the TV is extended as the 3rd screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-hdmi/62326217-4260-41bd-bf80-ae121c619ac0
  4. no audio hdmi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio: This is complicated. I use my PC for music-making, and for entertainment. For the former I've got a Saffire firewire interface that connects to the amplifier via optical s/pdif. For the latter I use the motherboard's Realtek audio, also connected by an optical s/pdif. I am...
  6. HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI audio: This is complicated. I use my PC for music-making, and for entertainment. For the former I've got a Saffire firewire interface that connects to the amplifier via optical s/pdif. For the latter I use the motherboard's Realtek audio, also connected by an optical s/pdif. I am...
  7. HDMI and audio

HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  8. HDMI audio

HDMI audio: Trying to watch and hear Netflix on TV but no sound on TV only computer. Only have speakers as options in control panel, no HDMI option. Any suggestions? 44211
  9. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...
  10. hdmi audio

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    hdmi audio: Now i cant get the audio to work i have the realtek audio drivers and the CCC audio drivers. I am using a radeon hd7700 gpu. 12205