Windows 10: HDMI no sound on TV

Discus and support HDMI no sound on TV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradCM, Oct 13, 2020.

1. BradCM Win User

HDMI no sound on TV

the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago

:)

BradCM, Oct 13, 2020

2. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, Oct 13, 2020
  4. kevfas Win User

HDMI no sound on TV

no sound through hdmi to tv

this doesn't work there are no devices showing only the speakers there are none hidden or disabled

kevfas, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

HDMI no sound on TV

1. HDMI no sound on TV - Similar Threads - HDMI sound

2. lost all sound after installing a new monitor with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost all sound after installing a new monitor with HDMI cable: I've just installed a new monitor connected through and HDMI cable and I lost sound in my onboard sound card. The monitor has no speakers. My computer is now silent. I've read a few posts about this issue and tried a bunch of fixes but no one worked: -going through solving...
  3. no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi

no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi: I connect my laptop to 21 inch dell monitor to view things in bigger screen through HDMI port. Before clean install windows 10 20h2 I could hear sound from connected speakers when monitor is connected. When I first connected monitor before clean install it installed a driver...
  4. How can I send PC sound to HDMI

How can I send PC sound to HDMI: How can I send PC sound to HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-send-pc-sound-to-hdmi/bc8140aa-d1ed-44c9-871f-d91ae4075edf
  5. HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor

HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor: Hello, i'm using two monitors and a sound system that is recognizing as a 3th monitor It's anoying when i open a new window and it goes to the 3th monitor and i cant see it because it is not a monitor. I wan't to keep using the soung system but "blocking" it to not actualy...
  6. 5.1 sound in movies, 2.0 sound in games on HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5.1 sound in movies, 2.0 sound in games on HDMI cable: Hey guys! So, my system is connected like this: PC -> (hdmi from NVIDIA 1660super) -> LG tv -> (HDMI) -> LG home theater If I'm playing Netflix or downloaded movies or sound samples (and even the trailers in the Dolby Access app), I DO get 5.1 sound (both dolby and dts;...
  7. Sky sound box hdmi not recognised

Sky sound box hdmi not recognised: My sky sound box was working with real flight 9 via hdmi cable from sound box to laptop, but since i moved my laptop to another room sound box not recognised . No sound no images . any ideas please thanks barry...
  8. HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played

HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played: Hello. I am running hdmi from windows 10 pc to a marantz integrated amp via hdmi. I have selected 5.1 sound but in all movies, it is only outputting in stereo. In the test, all channels work. My sound driver is intel. Ive tried all the different sample rates. Any...
  9. HDMI sound through laptop

HDMI sound through laptop: How do I set HDMI as default sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound-through-laptop/eaafec98-6521-4397-9486-6b28a2d09bd8
  10. After update on 28/11/2020 cannot get sound using HDMI cable with tv- worked fine before

in Windows 10 Customization
    After update on 28/11/2020 cannot get sound using HDMI cable with tv- worked fine before: I have looked at various options online to set the HDMI cable as the default sound device when it is connected but it does no seem to be recognised- neither can I see any related drivers in device manager. I am running Windows 10 with the latest updates on HP Pavilion laptop-...