Windows 10: HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

Discus and support HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game (be it gfx intensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by psilocybin, Oct 10, 2020.

1. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

Good evening/morning!,

Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game (be it gfx intensive or not) after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep (orange led still lit) and has a no signal/input or HDMI not detected msg on the right bottom corner. This is the 1st time it happened, I've got the bios on latest version as well as the gpu. Also running the current version of windows 10 (build #19041.508).

I also noticed that whenever the screen turned black/off, the gpu fan spins faster and louder (but I'm sure my desktop's internal temperature isn't that high since I'm on a well ventilated room and it has 5 large fans (3 intakes and 2 exhaust) and its not that dusty either. The picture I've included has some temps written on it while I was playing Diablo 3.

Hope you could help me out on this one, I've just built this pc last December 2019.

HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on IMG20201010222952.jpg

image hosting

:)

psilocybin, Oct 10, 2020

2. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Oct 10, 2020
  4. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

HDTV inconsistantly detecting hdmi signal from PC

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Dell XPS desktop. I connected the desktop through hdmi output to my 3 year old 1080p LG tv. The connection was successful, The TV detected the PC, and I successfully set up my windows 10 PC. However, after powering off the PC
    and then booting again several times (normal use of PC), the detection has become inconsistent, for example the Dell logo is no longer appearing, the TV screen now just slowly detect the signal from the PC and after some wait with black screen it shows the
    lock screen. After the lock screen appears, I log in to my PC and the PC works just fine. Could this be due to the hdmi cable, the reason for this guess is first, I am using for this connection an old hdmi cable that was purchased with a Samsung tv monitor
    about 6 years ago. And secondly, I have a Roku box connected to my LG tv that gets detected with it's own hdmi cable just fine, I also owned a xbox one console (I no longer own), this video game console was connected to my LG tv also with it's own hdmi cable,
    and the tv detected the signal perfectly when signing in. I am hoping that this problem will not escalate into the tv not detecting the signal completely from the PC and possibly damaging my new desktop. Thank You

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off]

NEILODISHO, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

1. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on - Similar Threads - HDMI detected signal

2. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  3. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  4. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  5. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  6. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  7. HDMI Signal Not Detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI Signal Not Detected: My monitor goes black when I play now most games and recently sometimes it goes off during Zoom meetings. I can hear the audio, but can't get a picture back. The only way to get video again is to reboot which is a serious hassle most of the time The message I get is no HDMI...
  8. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on: Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game (be it gfx intensive or not) after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep (orange led still lit) and has a...
  9. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on: Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game be it gfx intensive or not after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep orange led still lit and...
  10. Monitor says "No signal detected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor says "No signal detected": So I pressed the windows icon on my keyboard with the "P" button and it showed some display thing. I accidentally pressed something along the lines of " show PC screen only". Now, the monitor goes off and when I switch it on, it says "No signal detected". How do I fix this?...