Windows 10: HDMI: Not plugged in

Discus and support HDMI: Not plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So from day one, my second HDMI port hasn't been working. I plugged in my monitor. Nothing happened. So I switched to the second port. Booted up my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TylerSmith117, Oct 8, 2018.

1. HDMI: Not plugged in

So from day one, my second HDMI port hasn't been working. I plugged in my monitor. Nothing happened. So I switched to the second port. Booted up my PC and the monitor worked. I thought it was a bug. A few years later, I want a second monitor. HDMI port still not working. So I use VGA and it runs fine.

Now I got an Oculus Rift. I need the HDMI port. But as usual, doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my graphic's drivers. I've updated them. I've unplugged my monitor and tried rebooting my PC with my monitor in the closed HDMI port. Still nothing. I've run out of ideas. The HDMI cables hook up just fine. All the way. My TV/monitor even tells me PC HDMI 1 and PC HDMI 2. It knows they are in different ports. But I can't get the audio or video to work.
    I was really excited to use my Oculus. I already sent in a ticket there. But I figured the problem would persist here as well.

Before you ask, I have a Windows 10, 64 bit AsusTek computer.

Intel Core i7-4790S Processor.
    12288MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

No matter what I plug in it says, Not Plugged In, for my NVIDIA Output. My Computer has 2 HMDI and 2 VGA outputs. I'm decently tech savvy so I'm here it means I'm desperate. My only current solution is to buy some HDMI/USB adapter. But I've postponed this problem long enough.

:)

TylerSmith117, Oct 8, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Oct 8, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Oct 8, 2018
  4. HDMI: Not plugged in

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

HDMI: Not plugged in

1. HDMI: Not plugged in - Similar Threads - HDMI plugged

2. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop: I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop, so I think there was a disconnection somehow, like it was shaking and ever since then, my system boots but displays nothing after booting...
  3. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop: I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop, so I think there was a disconnection somehow, like it was shaking and ever since then, my system boots but displays nothing after booting...
  4. I plugged my VGA cord to my HDMI converter and then to my TV from my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WHEN I PLUG IN THE HDMI FROM THE PC TO THE TV THE COLOR IS IN BLACK AND WHITE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEN I PLUG IN THE HDMI FROM THE PC TO THE TV THE COLOR IS IN BLACK AND WHITE: HP 2-n-1 to Lg tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-the-hdmi-from-the-pc-to-the-tv-the/0612b73f-6c63-4e6e-8d8e-2f949299abb5
  6. WHEN I PLUG IN THE HDMI FROM THE PC TO THE TV THE COLOR IS IN BLACK AND WHITE

WHEN I PLUG IN THE HDMI FROM THE PC TO THE TV THE COLOR IS IN BLACK AND WHITE: HP 2-n-1 to Lg tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-the-hdmi-from-the-pc-to-the-tv-the/0612b73f-6c63-4e6e-8d8e-2f949299abb5
  7. Plugged in a tv into HDMI and turned on HDR to have my computer black screen and become...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugged in a tv into HDMI and turned on HDR to have my computer black screen and become...: So I recently got a 4k OLED tv and connected it to my computer. When I turned on HDR the screen froze to then go black and now I cannot use my computer at all. Even hard restarting it does nothing. My screens keeping flicking on and off. Not sure what I can do about it....
  8. Plugged in a tv into HDMI and turned on HDR to have my computer black screen and become...

Plugged in a tv into HDMI and turned on HDR to have my computer black screen and become...: So I recently got a 4k OLED tv and connected it to my computer. When I turned on HDR the screen froze to then go black and now I cannot use my computer at all. Even hard restarting it does nothing. My screens keeping flicking on and off. Not sure what I can do about it....
  9. Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.: I factory reset my computer 2 days ago and when I plugged everything in only my HDMI shows as an audio device and not my pair of headphones. I have no speakers connected and my monitor/HDMI device doesn't play sound in the first place.I use:Windows 10 Pro 64-bitCPU: AMD Ryzen...
  10. Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.

Headphones are plugged in however only my HDMI shows.: I factory reset my computer 2 days ago and when I plugged everything in only my HDMI shows as an audio device and not my pair of headphones. I have no speakers connected and my monitor/HDMI device doesn't play sound in the first place.I use:Windows 10 Pro 64-bitCPU: AMD Ryzen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi says not plugged in

2. when i try to switch sound to my monitor it says not plugged in

3. nvidia output not plugged in alienware monitor