Windows 10: HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Alright, a quick backstory firstSo a long time ago when I had windows 8, I accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was so cracked that absolutely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris DarkRena, May 24, 2023.

1. HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

Alright, a quick backstory firstSo a long time ago when I had windows 8, I accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was so cracked that absolutely nothing was visible, not a single normal pixel. I didn't have enough budget to buy a new pc or screen, so I just used an HDMI cable to my monitor and connected a keyboard n mouse and it worked well for a while.Until today though.I finally figured out how to upgrade to windows 10 via ISO image. But when the upgrade was fully installed, the hdmi just stopped working. I did all that I could, such as unplugging and plugging the cable, using a different

:)

Chris DarkRena, May 24, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 24, 2023
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 24, 2023
  4. tarigby Win User

HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

No HDMI Sound after upgrade to Windows 10

Followed all procedures suggested, and all my drivers indicate they are all up-to-date! There is no HDMI sound to my Samsung TV following my Windows 10 upgrades. I am running Dell XPS i7. There currently is no resolve to this issue. **ALSO NOTE: My Samsung
    TV does not show up on the 'available devices' list? Are there possibly 'updates' now required for the TV itself? Hmmm, tr

tarigby, May 24, 2023
Thema:

HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

1. HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - HDMI working upgrade

2. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  3. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  4. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade: Alright, a quick backstory firstSo a long time ago when I had windows 8, I accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was so cracked that absolutely nothing was visible, not a single normal pixel. I didn't have enough budget to buy a new pc or screen, so I just used an HDMI...
  6. HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade: Alright, a quick backstory firstSo a long time ago when I had windows 8, I accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was so cracked that absolutely nothing was visible, not a single normal pixel. I didn't have enough budget to buy a new pc or screen, so I just used an HDMI...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade - HDMI no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 upgrade - HDMI no longer working: Hi there I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade my HDMI cable connected to my TV no longer works. I was advised to update display adapter, which I have done, but the problem persists....
  8. HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi All, I've searched and found similar problems to mine, but none of those solutions worked so I'm reaching out here. I currently have an Asus Vivopc desktop that I use as an htpc and it is connected directly to my LG LB5800 tv. The PC has onboard speakers which sound...
  9. HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade: Dear Friends' I have upgraded to Win 10 last week and today for the first time I tried connecting my TV thro HDMI, It just shows my laptops Wall Paper, no icons on the desktop is seen on TV. When I Play video, the sound comes on TV , but no VDO but just my wallpaper image is...
  10. HDMI doesn't work after upgrading to WIndows 10 on ASUS Laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI doesn't work after upgrading to WIndows 10 on ASUS Laptop: Hi all, after upgrading to Windows 10, I see that my projector OPTOMA is not recognized via cable HDMI by my laptop ASUS X751L : no image with message 'source not found' !! (while the cable VGA works perfectly !) I suspected that it's a problem of driver but I don't know...