Windows 10: HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade

Discus and support HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Dear Friends' I have upgraded to Win 10 last week and today for the first time I tried connecting my TV thro HDMI, It just shows my laptops Wall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jacobjw5, Nov 20, 2015.

1. jacobjw5 Win User

HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade

Dear Friends'
    I have upgraded to Win 10 last week and today for the first time I tried connecting my TV thro HDMI, It just shows my laptops Wall Paper, no icons on the desktop is seen on TV. When I Play video, the sound comes on TV , but no VDO but just my wallpaper image is seen on the TV. Windows Task Bar is seen on TV
    This is an Acer Aspire, V3-112P, Touch Celeron N2840, 4GB Ram and Intel HD Graphics.
    Please help me with this challenge
    Thanks in Advance

HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade [​IMG]

Jacob

:)

jacobjw5, Nov 20, 2015

2. HDMI sound

Had to do a reset under recovery in Win 10, after reset HDMI sound to TV stopped; HDMI video is ok. Under Sound in Control Panel it shows HDMI cable not plugged in; no settings have been changed. Worked fine before reset. Running a Asus Aspire E5 with
    i5 Cpu & Win 10. Device Manager shows all devices working properly, divers have been uninstalled & reinstalled, all current updates, laptop restarted any times; why do I have HDMI video, no HDMI audio?

randygobell, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Third Monitor stopped working when upgraded to Windows 10

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I had three monitors working. One is VGA, one is DVI, and the third is an HDMI TV. All was well, and life was beautiful. Now I can't get my HDMI tv working. I tried upgrading my video drivers (through the windows option to
    update drivers) and just after the driver update ran, the HDMI started working, but the VGA wasn't -- it basically swapped them. After I restarted my computer, it was back to the DVI and VGA working properly, and the HDMI is dark again. So I know its not a
    cable problem, and I know it CAN work. In both the NVIDIA control panel and the Windows display settings, my HDMI isn't detected or recognized at all. But after the driver install and before the restart, the HDMI was there (and the VGA had disappeared).

My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 545. Windows says the driver is up to date, now that I've upgraded it.

elysiansmiles, Nov 20, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi... Welcome to the Ten Forum ... Is your system a 64 bit OS ? If so? You were probably better off to go back to 8 unless you add more memory . 4gb of Ram isn't good enough for windows 10 64, you should max out your memory to 8gb if you're planning to use windows 10

sn00ker, Nov 21, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Are you sure you CLONE the desktop? It looks like dual-mode (each monitor displays a different picture). Press Win+P to see output options. Make sure you install latest graphics driver directly from Intel, not Windows Update.

spapakons, Nov 22, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    yeah looks like "extended" mode - go for "clone displays" and youre good to go. 4GB of memory doesnt matter in this case.

batlhilz, Nov 23, 2015
  7. 4GB is plenty to run Windows 10 x64. I have no idea where that above suggestion came from, but the memory is fine.

That being said, it is most likely an issue with your output settings as others have suggested. I agree that it does sound like Clone is the option you want.

DeaconFrost, Nov 23, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Or click and drag the video window over to the TV.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - HDMI Working properly

2. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  3. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  4. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade: Alright, a quick backstory firstSo a long time ago when I had windows 8, I accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was so cracked that absolutely nothing was visible, not a single normal pixel. I didn't have enough budget to buy a new pc or screen, so I just used an HDMI...
  6. HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade: Alright, a quick backstory firstSo a long time ago when I had windows 8, I accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was so cracked that absolutely nothing was visible, not a single normal pixel. I didn't have enough budget to buy a new pc or screen, so I just used an HDMI...
  7. HDMI not working after windows 10 upgrade

8. HDMI Not Working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Not Working properly: Hello,Yesterday everithing worked normaly, today after last update my HDMI port is acting wierd.Computer is detecting my TV and even changes sound to HDMI TV output, so my laptop is not playing sound, but TV is saying NO SIGNALI tried to connect my PS4 to the same HDMI cable...
  9. HDMI Not Working properly

HDMI Not Working properly: Hello,Yesterday everithing worked normaly, today after last update my HDMI port is acting wierd.Computer is detecting my TV and even changes sound to HDMI TV output, so my laptop is not playing sound, but TV is saying NO SIGNALI tried to connect my PS4 to the same HDMI cable...
  10. Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working properly after WIN 10 upgrade: When I shut the system down last night, an upgrade was installed. This morning when I booted up, the mouse was working fine for a bit then it just stopped. At first, the cursur wouldn't move. I had to use the touchpad to locate it (Need I say I'm not fond of the touchpad)....