Windows 10: HDMI output gives no signal after latest windows update

Discus and support HDMI output gives no signal after latest windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated my PC when i before I went to work today Shut off PC and update. Now I've come home and when I started my PC my hdmi output gives no signal to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steinsblade, Nov 12, 2020.

1. HDMI output gives no signal after latest windows update

Updated my PC when i before I went to work today Shut off PC and update. Now I've come home and when I started my PC my hdmi output gives no signal to my second monitor. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

steinsblade, Nov 12, 2020

2. HDMI

Hi Craig,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 12, 2020
  3. bha19 Win User
    no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Nov 12, 2020
  4. HDMI output gives no signal after latest windows update

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

HDMI output gives no signal after latest windows update

1. HDMI output gives no signal after latest windows update - Similar Threads - HDMI output signal

2. HDMI not working after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not working after latest windows update: After updating to the latest windows release: 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 additional displays are not now detected. - I am connecting to an external monitor via HDMI....
  3. HDMI not working after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working after latest windows update: After updating to the latest windows release: 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 additional displays are not now detected. - I am connecting to an external monitor via HDMI....
  4. HDMI no signal after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI no signal after windows update: I updated my windows when I shut it down then when I turned my computer on again, it just tells me HDMI no signal. My pc is on and my HDMI cable is working since it was working this morning until I updated my windows....
  5. HDMI no signal after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI no signal after windows update: I updated my windows when I shut it down then when I turned my computer on again, it just tells me HDMI no signal. My pc is on and my HDMI cable is working since it was working this morning until I updated my windows....
  6. HDMI no signal after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After reboot no signal on HDMI output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After reboot no signal on HDMI output: Dear Microsoft, I'm having problem with my "new" PC, I installed Windows 10 on it, and i noticed that when I'm rebooting the PC there is no signal on the HDMI output. I'm using only my LG webOS TV with onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600 card. I tried to reinstall the driver,...
  8. Loss of HDMI signal on a recent TV after the latest Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of HDMI signal on a recent TV after the latest Windows updates.: I have a recent LG TV (under warranty) connected by HDMI to a recent computer under Windows 10. For its graphics part, the PC has an Intel HD Graphics 500 GPU. For several months, the whole thing worked very well but since the last Windows updates, a PC restart causes a loss...
  9. no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    no HDMI signal: I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still...
  10. HDMI - No signal after Windows boot.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI - No signal after Windows boot.: Hi i recently bought a new monitor,is an LG IPS full hd monitor and it come with 1xVGA and 1xHDMI,on VGA everything is fine,but if i want to use HDMI,after the windows finish the boot,and proced to log in screen,the monitor lost his signal,even in safe mode,i don't know why...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor went blue and no signal after windows 10 update

2. no signal from hdmi after windows 10 update

3. Windows 10 HDMI no signal after update

4. no hdmi signal after windows update