Windows 10: HDMI Output quit working

Discus and support HDMI Output quit working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have been watching a series on Amazon Prime Video for 3 days and now my laptop just quit sending the screen video and audio through the HDMI port to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CHARLIEMIKOLCEVIC, Sep 16, 2020.

1. HDMI Output quit working

We have been watching a series on Amazon Prime Video for 3 days and now my laptop just quit sending the screen video and audio through the HDMI port to our TV. Any ideas how to check or fix the HDMI port?

:)

CHARLIEMIKOLCEVIC, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

ok got to work from hdmi and speaker but can output go from headset and hdmi

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

To have a better understanding of the issue, please help us with the following information:

1. Are you trying to output Audio via HDMI/headset or to a speaker/headset connect to your HDMI device?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to update the audio driver and set HDMI Device
    as default device.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Sep 16, 2020
  4. HDMI Output quit working

HDMI Audio in NOT working

Hi Dustin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Output quit working

1. HDMI Output quit working - Similar Threads - HDMI Output quit

2. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  3. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  4. HP envy hdmi output not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP envy hdmi output not working: The hdmi output for my hp all in one envy is not working and i already went through all the troubleshooting options and even used different hdmi cables but nothing seems to work...
  5. HP envy hdmi output not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP envy hdmi output not working: The hdmi output for my hp all in one envy is not working and i already went through all the troubleshooting options and even used different hdmi cables but nothing seems to work...
  6. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  7. HDMI Output Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  8. HDMI output stopped working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI output stopped working: Hello, I have an Asus TH101A with intel HD graphics from Atom X5-Z8350 CPU. My HDMI otuput is not working anymore. I know it's not a faulty hardware because I tested it on a linux live USB. I tested 3 drivers. One from ASUS (version 20.19.15.4364), one from windows update...
  9. HDMI output from PC no longer works?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI output from PC no longer works?: I run a dual display setup: primary monitor is connected via DP and second via HDMI. Everything has been working fine for an entire year until last week. My second monitor suddenly could no longer be detected. The screen says "No signal" and my display settings on Windows...
  10. HDMI output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI output: I'm trying to run a projector from my Windows 10 laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable. The projector only shows background and taskbar. Using VGA to VGA cable worked fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/b3789904-ff58-4127-8138-ead5ae41f305