Windows 10: HDMI output stopped working

Discus and support HDMI output stopped working in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Asus TH101A with intel HD graphics from Atom X5-Z8350 CPU. My HDMI otuput is not working anymore. I know it's not a faulty hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by contremaitre, Mar 21, 2021.

1. HDMI output stopped working

Hello,
    I have an Asus TH101A with intel HD graphics from Atom X5-Z8350 CPU.

My HDMI otuput is not working anymore. I know it's not a faulty hardware because I tested it on a linux live USB.

I tested 3 drivers. One from ASUS (version 20.19.15.4364), one from windows update (20.19.15.4444) and one from Intel (20.19.15.5171). The first two are 2016 drivers, the last one 2020.
    HDMI output do not work with these drivers, and with the one from intel the display is turned 90

Could you help me ?
    Thanks

:)

contremaitre, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Graeme.P Win User

HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.

Hi Koenbril, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you've been experiencing multiple blue screens when gaming and now the HDMI output has stopped working, I'd suggest it's an issue with your graphics card, perhaps a hardware failure.

I'd normally suggest testing multiple cables or monitors and reinstalling drivers for your graphics card, as well as the other steps you mentioned, but since you've already tried those and it still doesn't work, it looks like it's a faulty graphics card.

My only recommendation would be to seek out warranty from the store you purchased the card to repair or replace it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Mar 21, 2021
  3. HDMI Output quit working

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of HDMI output stopped working. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Fix #1:

Step 1:

Go to the search box next to the Windows icon and type CMD

Step 2:

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Step 3:

Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and press enter.

Step 4:

Click Next on the Hardware troubleshooter wizard.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 21, 2021
  4. HDMI output stopped working

Audio through HDMI stopped working on Surface Pro 3

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you try connecting different HDMI port and check if it works
    • Does this issue occur for a specific file?
    • Do you get any error messages/codes?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    As of now, I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.
    Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

HDMI output stopped working

1. HDMI output stopped working - Similar Threads - HDMI output stopped

2. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  3. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  4. HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work: I used to plug my Windows 10 laptop into my Sony A80J Google TV via HDMI cable for a long time and everything worked beautifully. But now, a few months later, when I plug my laptop in, I just get a green/red flickering screen of garbage on the TV, which doesn't change. I...
  5. HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output to TV has stopped working, used to work: I used to plug my Windows 10 laptop into my Sony A80J Google TV via HDMI cable for a long time and everything worked beautifully. But now, a few months later, when I plug my laptop in, I just get a green/red flickering screen of garbage on the TV, which doesn't change. I...
  6. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  7. HDMI Output quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Output quit working: We have been watching a series on Amazon Prime Video for 3 days and now my laptop just quit sending the screen video and audio through the HDMI port to our TV. Any ideas how to check or fix the HDMI port?...
  8. HDMI output has stopped working after update to 1909

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI output has stopped working after update to 1909: For many (at least 3) years, I have used a Philips 225PL2 monitor as an extended desktop. It's been driven by the HDMI port of my laptop via an HDMI-to-DVI cable and has always worked without a problem. The only video output connector from the laptop is HDMI, there's no VGA....
  9. HDMI output has stopped working after update to 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI output has stopped working after update to 1909: For many (at least 3) years, I have used a Philips 225PL2 monitor as an extended desktop. It's been driven by the HDMI port of my laptop via an HDMI-to-DVI cable and has always worked without a problem. The only video output connector from the laptop is HDMI, there's no VGA....
  10. HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.: Hello, Today i experienced a blue screen while running a game on my Asus ROG GL553V. For some reason this happens quite often with said game except today after rebooting the HDMI output of my laptop stopped working. I've updated my Windows 10, my graphics drivers for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus n76 hdmi output not work