Windows 10: HDMI Output to TV

Discus and support HDMI Output to TV in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveGoff1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. DaveGoff1 Win User

HDMI Output to TV

I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not see the desktop icons - just the photo. I would like to be able to use the TV for things in addition to my PowerPoint slides, and it is very frustrating not to be able to get anything else onto the TV. I have searched for an appropriate setting, but I am not finding anything that works. I would appreciate help! I am using Windows 10.

:)

DaveGoff1, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Feb 4, 2020
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Feb 4, 2020
  4. HDMI Output to TV

cant detect tv with hdmi

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community and welcome to Windows 10 family.

Please try with these steps:

1. Right click on the Desktop.

2. Choose Screen Resolution.

3. Let’s see if TV has been detected. If not, press “Detect” button.

Also go through the below steps:

Step1:

Choose the connection for video output. If your computer has an HDMI port, otherwise, you will need to make a few decisions. If your computer has only a single video output, and it will not be used solely with the television, you may want to invest in a
    new video card. Purchase one with either a DVI or an HDMI output, and install it in an available slot, according the instructions included with it. If you intend to use the VGA output on a single-output or dual-output card to drive the HDMI display, then a
    special device will be needed to convert between the formats, and the price of the converter is actually about the same price as an entry-level video card that will be easier to use with your TV. In that case, it may be a wise idea to upgrade the card in order
    to obtain a DVI or HDMI port. However, if your chosen output port is of the DVI variety, an inexpensive DVI to HDMI cable can be purchased to convert your computer's output into the proper HDMI input for your TV.

Step 2:

Connect the HDMI cable from your television to your computer. Install the correct adapter or converter for your computer, if necessary. Unless your computer has HDMI output, cords will also need to be connected from the sound card output to the HDMI video
    cable or adapter, because HDMI carries both video and audio signals.

Step 3:

1. Boot your PC, and configure the new display,

2. Go to "Control Panel" from the "Start" Menu.

3. Double-click the "Display" icon and click the "Settings" tab.

The manual for your HDMI TV will list the screen resolutions it supports, along with the refresh rates.

Configure the resolution in the "Settings" tab, and then click the "Advanced" button to set the refresh rate.

If you are using the HDMI TV as the second monitor, you will also have to configure how it is used by Windows, according to the instructions pertaining to your video card. Most cards offer a "Clone" or "Mirror" mode, where both screens display the same content.
    Alternately, the "Extended Desktop" mode can be used, in which each monitor will operate independently.

Hope this helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Output to TV

1. HDMI Output to TV - Similar Threads - HDMI Output

2. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  3. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  4. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  5. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  6. Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?

Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?: Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?My hp omen 17 gtx 1070, after a black out, stopped sending hdmi output.The laptop monitor has been broken for a bit so I'm now using an external hdmi monitor. An hour ago a black out turned off my pc the battery doesn't hold...
  7. Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?: Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?My hp omen 17 gtx 1070, after a black out, stopped sending hdmi output.The laptop monitor has been broken for a bit so I'm now using an external hdmi monitor. An hour ago a black out turned off my pc the battery doesn't hold...
  8. Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...: I have an HDMI output that is connected to an audio receiver but not an actual display. How do I either tell windows that there is no display and that this is an audio only port, or prevent my mouse and windows from going to the display that windows creates for this...
  10. How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...

How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...: I have an HDMI output that is connected to an audio receiver but not an actual display. How do I either tell windows that there is no display and that this is an audio only port, or prevent my mouse and windows from going to the display that windows creates for this...