Windows 10: hdmi output

Discus and support hdmi output in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sporty776, May 3, 2021.

1. sporty776 Win User

hdmi output

i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try?

:)

sporty776, May 3, 2021

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 3, 2021
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, May 3, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

hdmi output

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, May 3, 2021
Thema:

hdmi output

1. hdmi output - Similar Threads - hdmi output

2. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  3. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  4. Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source: My Windows 11 workstation has an RTX 3070 GPU, whose HDMI output is connected to a Denon AV amp AVC-X8500H. The Windows Sound settings for this output support multichannel audio but the AV amp treats it as a stereo input even when playing multichannel videos on the computer....
  5. Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source

Graphics card HDMI output only sending stereo for multichannel source: My Windows 11 workstation has an RTX 3070 GPU, whose HDMI output is connected to a Denon AV amp AVC-X8500H. The Windows Sound settings for this output support multichannel audio but the AV amp treats it as a stereo input even when playing multichannel videos on the computer....
  6. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  7. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  8. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  9. HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio output not detected/recognize after turn off: Laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10SCXRWindow 11The audio output option of my monitor is gone from my pc when I turn on the monitor again. When I turn on the monitor again, the HDMI audio output in my device option is gone like it never exist in the first place. The only way to solve...
  10. Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?

Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?: Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?My hp omen 17 gtx 1070, after a black out, stopped sending hdmi output.The laptop monitor has been broken for a bit so I'm now using an external hdmi monitor. An hour ago a black out turned off my pc the battery doesn't hold...