Windows 10: HDMI over ethernet messed up

Discus and support HDMI over ethernet messed up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a large TV display in an atrium about 60 ft from our computer location so the TV is connected via HDMI over ethernet. I can't get the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim5506LCU, Feb 6, 2019.

1. HDMI over ethernet messed up

We have a large TV display in an atrium about 60 ft from our computer location so the TV is connected via HDMI over ethernet. I can't get the Windows 10 PC to stop using the hdmi as the main monitor. The TV becomes the main monitor and the monitor by the computer goes into standby mode. I have brought in a Dell 24" monitor with a DVI to HDMI adapter cable but when I plug it in to the HDMI port everything is rosy. I quickly or slowly (it doesn't matter) swap the HDMI cable from the 24" monitor to the HDMI cable to the ethernet converter and the monitor at the computer shuts down and display is only on the TV (which I cannot control or see from my vantage point. I have changed computers twice, used Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. The staff wants these large displays working tomorrow and I'm stumped.

Background: Initially we were running Dell Inspiron 400 Zinos with VGA and HDMI outputs on Win 8.1, I did a fresh install of Win 8.1 same type of computer hardware - same result. So I went to a slightly newer HP Stream Mini desktop with DP and HDMI video outputs. DP goes to DVI port on Dell monitor and HDMI goes to HDMI over ethernet box. Same result.

We don't want to dedicate a $1000 PC just to display powerpoints on a TV but I'm not having much luck with our little cheapies.

It seems any way I go the HDMI over ethernet always takes precedence over the VGA or DP video connection.

Is this likely a hardware issue?

Any suggestions?

:)

Jim5506LCU, Feb 6, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Feb 6, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Feb 6, 2019
  4. HDMI over ethernet messed up

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

HDMI over ethernet messed up

1. HDMI over ethernet messed up - Similar Threads - HDMI ethernet messed

2. Miracast over ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast over ethernet: My Custom Built PC is connected to my network via ethernet No Wifi/WLAN Card and I want to extend my display wirelessly to my TCL Roku Tv.My Tv Does support Miracast as I've been able to cast from my Windows 10 Laptop connected via Wi-Fi to the same tv.To My knowledge My PC...
  3. Miracast over ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast over ethernet: My Custom Built PC is connected to my network via ethernet No Wifi/WLAN Card and I want to extend my display wirelessly to my TCL Roku Tv.My Tv Does support Miracast as I've been able to cast from my Windows 10 Laptop connected via Wi-Fi to the same tv.To My knowledge My PC...
  4. Windows 10 No 5.1 over HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 No 5.1 over HDMI: I'm going crazy with this issue. Googled for days without luck. I can't seem to get anything beyond stereo working on my Windows 10 Pro box. I have a Ryzen 5, GTX 1070 video card connected to an Onkyo TX-NR696. If I go into the audio control panel and select stereo that...
  5. AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,: I screwed something up big time when I went into BIOS...the shorter version: AIsuite3.exe gives me multiple termination windows, Chrome keeps telling me my connection is not secure, as well as a few other hiccups (Steam wont let me in). I tried resetting CMOS,I had the local...
  6. No sound over HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound over HDMI: Hi. I have a Dell optiplex 7010. [ATTACH] I have a Intel HD 4000 graphic card, with 2 Display Ports. I connected a "DP to HDMI" adapter to one DP, and an HDMI cable to an HDMI port of a Hitachi Smart TV. I installed the newer drivers, and in Device Manager I can see the...
  7. Miracast over Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast over Ethernet: I want to use my Wifi connected laptop as an additional monitor for my Ethernet connected desktop but I’ve had no success. I followed all the steps listed here but to no success. I’m aware that Miracast is usually used over WiFi direct, but the link I showed seems to suggest...
  8. I messed up my ethernet

I messed up my ethernet: When i came home from school i noticed that my internet is displaying yellow notification(i am using windows 10) i know that it is something not good and i need finish something in school and i badly need my internet...(i didnt know that my isp is working on something so...
  9. Audio problem over HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problem over HDMI: Hi to everyone! I have this problem in last few month from a day when i install Win10 pro x64 (1511). I did not have this problem when i had Win7. When i want to watch on TV Panasonic ST50 i have problem with audio. Somehow Win10 always mess up drivers for audio after...
  10. window10 messing up my ethernet driver

window10 messing up my ethernet driver: when windows updated my pc on the 17th of december 2015 it updated and then my ethernet driver started to have problems i tryed to trouble shoot but that doesnt work 34474